Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Collector's Series Corner » More Trigons Please

Discuss your favorite Collector’s Series puzzle books and get solving help.
5/12/2009 2:56:33 PM

Scrapula
Scrapula
I missed issue number 1 of Trigons. I've ordered issue #2 twice because I don't remember the exact puzzle a few months later. When can we expect an issue #3?

I'd also like to see a Sumdoko collector series.

6/20/2010 3:55:05 AM

Colleen
Colleen
Ha, ha! I did the same exact thing! Wish I could buy issue #1, and I'm on pins and needles hoping they come out with a #3. I'm worried that they've stopped. Should I buy a couple more copies of issue #2 and hide them for year or two?

6/21/2010 11:21:58 AM

Dell Editorial Staff
Dell Editorial Staff
I'm happy to let you know that there is now a Collector's Series volume of Sum-Doku. It is available through the website and also by calling customer service.

As of now, a third Collector's Series volume of Trigons is not in the works, but you can find them in certain issues of Logic Lovers Math & Logic Problems.

Thank you both for your interest in our puzzles!

5/18/2011 11:32:08 AM

lindap
lindap
Would love to see more Trigon books.

1/10/2012 2:04:44 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
I realize this thread hasn't been active for months but wanted to add my plea for more Trigons. I just discovered this puzzle and am really enjoying it!! I don't buy the LLM&LP because there are a lot of puzzles in there that I don't solve. I would love it if Dell would come back out with an issue for the Collector's Series or even maybe offer Trigons in a down loadable puzzle packet like they've done with Logic Art and other puzzles.

1/10/2012 10:09:04 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Stupid question: what's a Trigon? How does it work?

--
Amy

1/11/2012 2:14:30 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Not stupid Amy, I'd like to know the same thing! CC

1/11/2012 1:02:04 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
No question is ever stupid. I'm still very new to these puzzles so I'll try my best at explaining them. Trigons are puzzles that come in different shapes made up of small triangles. Inside each triangle is a number. You have to find the right three numbers for the edge of each triangle, the sum of which matches the number inside the triangle. Here's a link to a sample puzzle which will explain it better than I can.

https://www.pennydellpuzzles.com/Upload/PuzzleFiles/Sample/DellCollectors/trg_d0508_samplepuz.pdf

It's not a direct link so you'll have to copy it and paste it in your browser to get to the page.
<em>edited by Purple Pisces on 1/11/2012</em>

1/11/2012 8:15:25 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
These must be in the Dell magazines. I know I've seen them. I only do penny magazines though. My Mom does the Dell mags because she likes the number puzzles. They always looked rather difficult to me. I never did like math. Thanks for letting us know, that was nice! CC

1/12/2012 1:41:14 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
You're welcome CC! As far as I know these puzzles are available in the Dell publication that has Logic and Math Problems. I love logic and like math but don't purchase that specific magazine because it contains some math crossword puzzles that are tough for me. Maybe one day when I get adventurous I'll try them again! :-)

4/2/2012 5:36:08 PM

notourproblem
notourproblem
Ok, I have just found them myself and could not remember the name of them to save my life, I would love the Collectors Series and to even find more of them in with the fill-in's basically that is what they are just make them the Challenger puzzles. Oooh & please Super Sized Number fill-ins would be lovely too. I love numbers and puzzle books could not survive without them. I buy them by the box load and have for the past 15-yrs. They aren't much of a challenge for me now but those Trigons had me sitting on the edge of my seat.

4/5/2012 9:46:30 PM

I. too, got a little addicted to these. Upon looking, I still have several left to savor from my Logic Problem value pack, too. I left this thread about them elsewhere on the forums....

http://www.pennydellpuzzles.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=508

Neat puzzles, and thanks for putting up that link to the example, Purple One. I'll have to go take a gander. No, not steal a male goose... What do you take me for? Heheheh. A LOOK-SEE. Yeah, that's it, heheh.

4/5/2012 9:48:52 PM

A little welcome to the boards to notourproblem. Hope you enjoy your stay with these lovely folks, present company excepted. I'm more of a rogue poster in the dead of night than a regular, heheh. Anywho, hope you enjoy yourself.

4/6/2012 7:18:10 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
TheDarkHorseOne wrote:
A little welcome to the boards to notourproblem. Hope you enjoy your stay with these lovely folks, present company excepted. I'm more of a rogue poster in the dead of night than a regular, heheh. Anywho, hope you enjoy yourself.

Now wait a minute, I'm the dead of night poster. Look at this one! CC

4/6/2012 7:19:27 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I'm in Az., it's 4:19 a.m. Their clock lies! CC

4/6/2012 10:14:27 PM

Scrapula
Scrapula
I'm in Seattle. Anyway, there are 2 Trigons in Crazy for Sudoku, along with one "Collectibles". I do those 3 first, then the Sum-doku and Cross Sums. I used to subscribe to that and Math & Logic. I'm thinking of subscribing to 1 magazine again. I just need to decide. The Crazy for Sudoku has too many easy puzzles. The Math & Logic has many puzzles that I don't care for like Word Arithmetic. I don't want any words in my math puzzles, lol!

4/7/2012 1:01:58 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Scrapula wrote:
Anyway, there are 2 Trigons in Crazy for Sudoku, along with one "Collectibles". I do those 3 first, then the Sum-doku and Cross Sums. I used to subscribe to that and Math & Logic. I'm thinking of subscribing to 1 magazine again. I just need to decide. The Crazy for Sudoku has too many easy puzzles. The Math & Logic has many puzzles that I don't care for like Word Arithmetic. I don't want any words in my math puzzles, lol!

Having a couple Sudoku books to keep me busy I never really looked closely at the Crazy for Sudoku magazine. That's good to know thay contain Trigons! I'd be more apt to purchase that publication as opposed to the Logic and Math, where a lot of the puzzles are more difficult (for me). Thanks for the info Scrapula!! smile

4/8/2012 1:51:29 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Scrapula wrote:
I'm in Seattle. Anyway, there are 2 Trigons in Crazy for Sudoku, along with one "Collectibles". I do those 3 first, then the Sum-doku and Cross Sums. I used to subscribe to that and Math & Logic. I'm thinking of subscribing to 1 magazine again. I just need to decide. The Crazy for Sudoku has too many easy puzzles. The Math & Logic has many puzzles that I don't care for like Word Arithmetic. I don't want any words in my math puzzles, lol!

I know what you mean. I don't want any math in my word puzzles! CC

4/9/2012 9:23:58 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I picked up a Dell Variety Puzzle book at the store and thumbed through it. I saw a Trigon. This has got to be one of the most intimidating puzzles I've ever come across. I don't think I could ever figure out how to do one if I tried. It just looks terribly difficult. Anyone want to try to teach me how? I'm not slow I'm just not used to math puzzles, just word puzzles. CC

4/9/2012 9:51:14 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
I'll try and help you CC! smile The puzzles aren't as intimidating as they look. The puzzle is made up of a bunch of small triangles with a number inside each one. That number represents the sum of the three numbers that go around that triangle. The easiest ones to fill in are the "0" (which would be 000) and the 18 (which would be 666). One thing is to make sure you cross of the numbers in the grid as you use them.

Next you want to look for the largest and smallest numbers and see if you can fill in any numbers that way. A good way to do this is look for large and small numbers that share a side, you may be able to eliminate certain possibilities leaving only one option.

Also looking at the 111, 222, etc.. numbers can help. Like I explained in another thread with 444 for example, look at the "12" triangles in the grid. You may have some that are only partially filled in, and if one of the numbers isn't a 4, you can look elsewhere to place the 444 combo.

Sometimes the puzzle takes some patience because you have to scan and see where an opening is. Hope I helped you more than confused you! smile

Home » Collector's Series Corner » More Trigons Please