Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes (Dell) » "September" I suggest?

Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes.
7/16/2009 9:14:31 PM

Frances
Frances
On page 5 of the May, 2009 Dell Original Easy KenKen where issue info is located, the normal copyright warning begins: "No part of this magazine may be reproduced in any form...", etc.

In the July issue of the same, where all references to May in the previous issue had to (naturally) be changed to July, the copyright warning begins: "No part of this magazine july be reproduced in any form..."

I thought this was a pretty funny "mistake," and had a nice laugh.

Well, just picked up Issue 3 (September, 2009) of Dell Original Easy KenKen---and I'll be darned! Page 5: "No part of this magazine september be reproduced in any form..."

Could you please stop this? Like all good jokes, if overused it begins to lose some of its humor.
Frances

7/22/2009 4:16:31 PM

Dell Editorial Staff
Dell Editorial Staff
Thank you for your message. We are aware of this error and it will be corrected in future issues. Best wishes.

10/6/2009 3:00:56 AM

Zotmeister
Zotmeister
Those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it. This is hilarious. - ZM

--
Darkness lessons learned/Avenging golden tresses/Yellow flower blooms
- "(dedicated to Millia Rage)", original haiku

10/6/2009 7:52:24 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." --Abraham Lincoln

I don't find it humorous in the least and I can't imagine why it would be assumed that Dell is doing this on purpose as an irritating sort of joke.
<em>edited by Bernadette1959 on 10/6/2009</em>

10/6/2009 5:50:48 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
What I meant earlier was that wording like the one described did not seem funny to me. I happened to pick up a KenKen magazine today and saw the word "november" in the copyright warning and it just looks like a typo to me, not something meant as a joke. smile

10/7/2009 3:27:17 PM

Frances
Frances
I do realize that this "mistake" is a computerized typo. If you instruct a machine to change each "may" to "july" everywhere it finds one, then it will senselessly do so---everywhere. This is where the humor is. And then to continue on each subsequent issue, well, better.

I know is wasn't done on purpose, and I meant no offense. Maybe I should rein in my sarcasm a bit. I'm sorry.

But I still think it's funny.

Your friend, Frances. Oh, by the way, the same problem exists with Dell Totally Easy Sudoku.
edited by Frances on 10/7/2009
<em>edited by Frances on 10/7/2009</em>

10/7/2009 11:04:10 PM

Semipro
Semipro
That mistake is so embarrassing, it's a wonder they didn't fix it in the next issue after Frances posted to alert them--and check for it in other series.

10/8/2009 1:28:35 PM

Frances
Frances
Well, in all fairness, these magazines must be printed way ahead of the on-sale date---not to mention the issue date. Since I first mentioned this problem in May ( Math and Logic Exchange: KenKen), maybe it's 5 months or more. No, wait. Semipro, you posted once getting paid for a submission in 4 months. Considering editing, printing, distribution time---maybe the difference is closer to 3 months. It still would be interesting to know what issue date they're working on up in Canada right now.
<em>edited by Frances on 10/8/2009</em>

10/8/2009 2:52:27 PM

Dell Editorial Staff
Dell Editorial Staff
This has been addressed. You may not see the change right away, but we're very aware of the mistake that was perpetuated and assure all of you that it has been corrected.

10/13/2009 12:48:23 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Well, this thread about that error inspired me to buy a copy of Dell Original Easy KenKen magazine and give it a try! smile

It took me a few minutes to get the hang of solving these puzzles but so far I am thoroughly enjoying them. As of yet I have only completed the 4x4 puzzles and only two of the 6x6 ones. I don't know if this is good or bad but it took me almost an hour to do each of the 6x6 puzzles - hopefully I will get faster with practice...I used to be able to do Challenger Figure Logics without batting an eye but that was eons ago when my brain cells were younger. LOL! Oh, well...

Bernadette
<em>edited by Bernadette1959 on 10/13/2009</em>

12/11/2009 10:36:08 PM

jeffloeb
jeffloeb
Hi Bernadette:

Yes, that error is comical, it seems. The Kenken mags may be biting the dust, but I ordered a KenKen VP.

Jeff

12/12/2009 11:43:56 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Hi Jeff!

I'm thinking about ordering one myself! smile

Bernadette

Home » Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes (Dell) » "September" I suggest?