Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General Discussion » Looking for GAMES Magazine Publications

General Discussion.
12/5/2009 12:49:21 PM

wamboyil
wamboyil
Hi all-

New member to the forums, and I thought I would throw this question out there. I'm a regular subscriber to several crossword and puzzle publications. If anyone is familiar with GAMES Magazine, they currently have a sister publication called GAMES World Of Puzzles. In the past, they had three other short-lived sister publications titled GAMES Special Edition, GAMES World Of Crosswords, and GAMES Puzzle Solvers Crossword & Variety Challenge. Does anyone know where I could find any back issues to any of these three titles? I have a complete collection of GAMES and GAMES World Of Puzzles, but I am trying to fill in the gaps in my collection of the other three titles. Any leads or help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

12/5/2009 6:06:58 PM

jeffloeb
jeffloeb
check a newsstand, Barnes and Noble, etc.
<em>edited by Admin on 12/7/2009</em>

12/5/2009 7:45:47 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
I take it that you've already contacted the publisher of Games magazine about the possiblility of buying back issues?

Well, if so and that inquiry was a dead end, maybe you could try searching on Ebay? I have found LOTS of back issues of puzzle magazines for sale there, though I've never looked for Games magazines specifically. If I were you I'd at least give it a try! smile

Good luck!
Bernadette

12/5/2009 10:18:45 PM

wamboyil
wamboyil
I forgot to mention in my original post that I have contacted Kappa Publishing in the past and they were a dead end as far as providing me with any info on back issues of non-current titles. I also search regularly on eBay, but so far nothing has turned up on the specific titles I'm searching for. I know someone out there must have some available, I just have to keep searching! Thanks for the responses though, it's appreciated!

2/22/2010 8:00:38 PM

jeffloeb
jeffloeb
U could try this: google.com (or ask.com) and type GAMES magazine,

2/24/2010 11:19:18 PM

jeffloeb
jeffloeb
Does Kappa offer "value pak grabbags"?

2/28/2010 7:06:01 PM

babydoll_24
babydoll_24
wamboyil wrote:
Hi all-

New member to the forums, and I thought I would throw this question out there. I'm a regular subscriber to several crossword and puzzle publications. If anyone is familiar with GAMES Magazine, they currently have a sister publication called GAMES World Of Puzzles. In the past, they had three other short-lived sister publications titled GAMES Special Edition, GAMES World Of Crosswords, and GAMES Puzzle Solvers Crossword & Variety Challenge. Does anyone know where I could find any back issues to any of these three titles? I have a complete collection of GAMES and GAMES World Of Puzzles, but I am trying to fill in the gaps in my collection of the other three titles. Any leads or help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Did you contact the general subscription service or call the Blue Bell PA office? If you have not contacted anyone in Blue Bell, I would recommend this to you. I was able to get every missing issue of World of Crosswords from them shortly after the publication ceased. I really loved that publication! I don't know whether they still have it, but back in the mid-200's, they had a warehouse, and the lady who mailed me everything went there to retrieve the issues.

During the time when World of Crosswords was around, Kappa also did a market test for Pencil Pointers aka British Arrowwords. I snagged two copies of this and remember asking about it, too. The same lady told me that it had only been a market test and had been discontinued. I never saw it again after those two issues. It was awesome!

Let us know how your search has progressed.

2/28/2010 7:08:52 PM

babydoll_24
babydoll_24
jeffloeb wrote:
Does Kappa offer "value pak grabbags"?

I know Kappa offers two crossword bargain packs. One is easier crosswords; and, the other has harder ones. I have never tried either so can't comment. Kappa has a great crossword portfolio, which is getting harder and harder to find.

Home » General Discussion » Looking for GAMES Magazine Publications