Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Collector's Series Corner » Collector's Series Suggestion

Discuss your favorite Collector’s Series puzzle books and get solving help.
6/11/2010 5:01:21 PM

ThrillerFan
ThrillerFan
Hello,

While I do get random editions of Dell Math Puzzles and Logic Problems from the stands, it always seems like I get too much of certain puzzles (i.e. Word Arithmetic) and not enough of others.

I was wondering if there is any possibility of adding Figure Logics (my favorite of all the puzzles in MP & LP). In addition, if that ever were to happen, may I suggest that they not be 100% normal format? I seem to notice that each book is about 50 puzzles (I've had a couple of the Penny Press ones back in the 90's when I was a big fan of diagramless crosswords). Instead of 50 "normal" figure logics, maybe have say, 30 or so normal ones, and the other 20 or so be special format for each edition. Special format meaning ones like:

Diagramless Figure Logic (Not in May 2010 of MP & LP, but seen historically)
Circular Figure Logic (i.e. Puzzle 5 in May 2010 of MP & LP)
Twin Figure Logics (i.e. Puzzles 9 and 10 in May 2010 of MP & LP)
Cube Figure Logic (i.e. Puzzle 12 in May 2010 of MP & LP)
Giant Size (i.e. Puzzle 8 in May 2010 of MP & LP)
Puzzles where a hard to figure out number in the diagram plays a major role (i.e. Puzzle 11 in May 2010 of MP & LP)
Puzzles with clues only in 1 direction (i.e. Puzzles with either No Across or No Down clues, typically challenger ones, not in May 2010 of MP & LP, but seen historically)

6/14/2010 9:16:33 AM

Dell Editorial Staff
Dell Editorial Staff
We're glad you enjoy Figure Logics so much! There will continue to be 12 Figure Logics in each issue of Logic Lover's Math and Logic Problems, and some will continue to be in the special formats you listed. At this time, however, we have no plans to release another Collector's Series volume of Figure Logic. We had one in the past and sales were less-than-hoped for, so it was discontinued.

6/20/2010 3:51:34 AM

Colleen
Colleen
I'm always looking for a Figure Logics book, too. They've been a favorite of mine for many, many years. I'm sorry to hear that demand wasn't high enough. Would begging help?wink

12/10/2010 1:42:06 AM

nice it

Home » Collector's Series Corner » Collector's Series Suggestion