Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » All Penny Variety & Variety + Crosswords

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say, share your solutions, and get help.
9/3/2011 12:28:06 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Can anyone tell me how many of these Penny Press magazines are put out every month? I buy them all and was wondering how huge my puzzle addiction is costing me. Not including all the specialty mags I purchase on line.

9/3/2011 12:08:20 PM

Frances
Frances
None of the 13 variety or variety + crosswords magazines are monthlies, but my count for a year's worth of issues was 86, averaging about 7 a month. (I'm not including those big ones of reprints, Family Favorites and Puzzler's Giant Book.) My store alternates some of these titles a bit, and probably offers about half of those available.

9/3/2011 3:16:31 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I don't get it. I usually buy 2,3 sometimes 4 a week. There's Variety Puzzles and Games, Approved Variety Puzzles, Approved Easy & Fun Variety puzzles, Ultimate Favorite Variety Puzzles,World's Finest Variety Puzzles, Family Variety Puzzles and Games, Good Time Variety Puzzles, Classic Variety Puzzles, Masters Variety Puzzles, Master's Tournament Variety Puzzles and that doesn't include the one's with Variety and Crosswords. I live in Arizona and my grocery stores carry all of them. The new one's usually come out right before the weekend or Saturday. There's a ton of them!

9/3/2011 4:11:21 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
You may be right though. I'm holding 7 right now for Sept. 2011. Wow, I still have some books from 2009.

Home » Variety Central » All Penny Variety & Variety + Crosswords