Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General Discussion » The forum

General Discussion.
1/24/2015 11:05:19 PM

PuzzleFan
PuzzleFan
Nice to' meet' you Any! I'm originally from NEPA, but now have my apartment outside of Philly, but I travel for work usually 48/52 weeks of the year, but I'm proud to call PA my home!

1/25/2015 8:04:39 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Nice to meet you, too, Puzzle Fan. And you've gotten us up to 53 pages on this thread.

--
Amy

1/29/2015 1:46:53 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Usually when I visit the forum and click "unread topics" I will see the new posts since my last visit, and after I close my browser these new topics will clear themselves. Since yesterday though the topics have not cleared themselves. Is this happening to anyone else?

2/9/2015 8:37:13 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Yes PP, it's happening to me too. I have a million "unread" posts! CC

2/9/2015 9:44:35 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
I have supposedly had a lot of "unread" posts for so long, that I've just been ignoring it. I go by the date of recent posts, and who wrote them, to know if I missed something or not.

--
Amy

3/15/2015 3:54:42 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Has anyone ever watched a show called "King of the Nerds" on TBS? I had never seen the show before, but was flicking through the channels the other night and happened to catch the last 1/2 hour of the series finale. I guess it's a reality show/competition to find the smartest person and a winner is "crowned" at the end of the season. I watched most of the final showdown between the last two competitors and it was pretty neat. They had to battle wits at chess, video gaming, connect four, and a crossword puzzle to name a few. The two challenges I thought were really neat though, were the logic puzzle and griddler (same thing as Logic Art) challenges. It was neat seeing 2 puzzles I love get a little spotlight in prime time! smile
edited by Purple Pisces on 3/17/2015

3/27/2015 12:52:43 PM

Indiana Puzzle Solver
Indiana Puzzle Solver
Hello- I am back. I hope everyone is well and solving. We had a tough winter here as I lost my job last fall but was able to get a new one within the same company Feb 1. So, needless to say, my family and I were rather stressed for a few months but now we are back on track. I recently assessed my puzzle book collection and at 100+ books/mags, I have decided not to purchase anything for a while. I am through withdrawls and just solving now. I am solving Fill-INS for the most part right now and watching all the episodes of CSI from the beginning. I have also been solving Ken-Kens via the iPhone app. My final purchase was the first 2 volumes of jigsaw sudoku and the big Sudoku bonanza book off the web site in Jan. Again, I hope everyone is doing well.

Chris in Indiana

3/27/2015 8:07:35 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Hi, Chris. Glad things are working out now. Great picture you have right now with the masked puzzle solver or whatever it's supposed to be. Welcome back to the forum.

--
Amy

3/27/2015 9:47:11 PM

Frances
Frances
Who is that man? The Shadow knows . . . . .

3/27/2015 11:30:48 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
I've heard the Shadow on old-time radio shows, but never saw him. OK, so maybe that's who it is, Frances.

Oh, yeah, The Shadow had the ability to "cloud men's minds so that they could not see him." But I never saw a TV show or movie about him. Wonder how they'd make the special effects if they had such a show.
edited by Amy-in-PA on 3/27/2015

--
Amy

3/28/2015 9:43:55 AM

Indiana Puzzle Solver
Indiana Puzzle Solver
Correct, that is "The Shadow." I believe the drawing is from the old pulp novels cover art. There was film made in the '90s with Alec Baldwin. It was decent but I don't think it did blockbuster level business. Orson Wells narrated the old radio program. You can find them to listen to on-line via fan sites.

4/6/2015 12:11:25 PM

refitman
refitman
Need help solving a word problem

Need to change the word READ to NOTE in 6 moves.

Can anyone help?

4/6/2015 7:05:40 PM

Frances
Frances
I was able to go from READ to NOTE in 6 steps. Hint: for my solution, I changed one of the vowels in READ to a different letter, and then kept the N of NOTE for that word's first change. There may be other routes, of course.

4/15/2015 3:28:53 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Hello Everyone! Yes it's me, CC. Got in a car accident awhile back. Was not fun. I broke my back and my leg in two places. Spent two weeks in the hospital (that was the worse part). Anyway since I can't sit at my computer my friends chipped in and got me a lap top. How nice was that? Well now I can communicate with the outside world I just can't go outside yet. I'm improving but not as fast as I would like, I'm not a very patient person and from what I heard from the nurses I was an even lousier patient. Oh well, life goes on. It's great to be back and have some people to talk to. I'm pretty bored just lying here but I've done a great many puzzles! Hope everyone is well! CC

4/15/2015 10:09:51 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Hope you start feeling a little bit better, day by day, CC. Great that your friends got you the laptop computer. You know we're all rooting for you.

--
Amy

4/15/2015 12:37:04 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
CC wishing you a speedy recovery!! smile BTW Monday's Free Puzzle (4/13) is a Word Games Puzzle. Hopefully that will help you feel a little better.

4/15/2015 3:25:20 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Thanks you guys! Purp, that was the first thing I did on my lap top was look up the WGP"s I've missed. Thanks to mostly Amy and a few others it's very easy for me to do! CC

Home » General Discussion » The forum