Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General Discussion » The forum

General Discussion.
2/11/2014 10:01:34 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Yes Purple, thanks. Amy, I just learned that in the next couple weeks it's going to be in the 90's again. Way too soon for me. So see I already am facing the summer again and that is not a good thing. On another subject, I seem to be going through a Crypto-Families and Syllacrostic phase. I find it funny how I skip from puzzle to puzzle as my mood changes. That's why I keep all those boxes of puzzles. Many of the puzzles are not done because of my phases so I can go back and work the one's I wasn't in the mood to do back then. I'm still working the first box and have been throwing them out as I finish them so it will take a long time to go through all of them. CC

2/11/2014 12:03:46 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Hey, cool, CC, this particular thread is now up to 50 pages (and that's not even counting the few pages on "Forum 2" that could get added to it).

--
Amy

2/12/2014 3:10:31 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I found a small error in a puzzle but want to know if I didn't make a mistake. PP April 2014 Good Time Variety Puzzle. Page 24 Crypto Families 1, #2 Given Voluntarily, 7th down is donation but there's a Y where there should be a V for the second O in the word. Am I right? CC

2/24/2014 12:18:47 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Well I'm still on my first box of puzzles. I have eight of them. I really believe that if I never bought another magazine I would have enough puzzles to last me the rest of my life. Unfortunately I can't stop buying the new one's. How could I get by without new Word Games Puzzles? No wonder it's taking so long to go through them. I've actually ran into a couple of old magazines where I didn't do the WGP. Not sure how or why that happened considering their the first puzzles I do. CC P.S. Thanks Frances for verifying that the mistake I found was an actual mistake and not just me.

2/26/2014 10:50:25 PM

sanfranciscogirl
sanfranciscogirl
Hello all I am new to the forum. My name is Wendy, I live in SF and I love all kinds of puzzles. My favorites are laddergrams, syllacrostics and crypto-families. I look forward to being a part of the forums. smile

2/27/2014 1:05:45 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Welcome Wendy!! smile

2/27/2014 1:15:14 PM

Frances
Frances
sanfranciscogirl wrote:
I look forward to being a part of the forums.

And we look forward to your posts, Wendy! Welcome to the forum!
--------
Due to slow computer/long thread, I usually can't post here, but will try. smile

2/27/2014 2:04:21 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Welcome, Wendy. I, too, look forward to your adding to these forum discussions.

--
Amy

2/28/2014 12:11:53 AM

sanfranciscogirl
sanfranciscogirl
Thanks everyone! 😊🙏

4/11/2014 7:40:48 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Amy, I chose the magazines I sent you at random. I didn't even look in them so I don't know what shape they are in. I'm going to send you three more that have very few puzzles done in them. If anyone would like a few free puzzle magazines let me know and I'll send you three at a time. I have every issue of PP variety puzzles and variety with crosswords. Let me know if you want easy or masters. My collection goes back five years and I need to get rid of some of these. Private message me and let me know what you want. By the way all you Logic lovers, I don't do them so none of these puzzles are done in my books! CC

4/11/2014 9:01:31 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Thanks for the 3 puzzle books you sent me recently, CC. I'm in the midst of doing the first one now. There are a few you did already, but not the ones I wanted to do, so that was fine. Besides the logic puzzles, I did some Crostics, some Codewords, and some of those anagram magic squares -- with 5-letter words and 6-letter words. All the magazines look nice and neat from the outside, but it wouldn't have bothered me if they'd looked a little tattered. Thanks again.
edited by Amy-in-PA on 4/11/2014

--
Amy

Home » General Discussion » The forum