Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General Discussion » The forum

General Discussion.
3/28/2015 9:43:55 AM

Indiana Puzzle Solver
Indiana Puzzle Solver
Correct, that is "The Shadow." I believe the drawing is from the old pulp novels cover art. There was film made in the '90s with Alec Baldwin. It was decent but I don't think it did blockbuster level business. Orson Wells narrated the old radio program. You can find them to listen to on-line via fan sites.

4/6/2015 12:11:25 PM

refitman
refitman
Need help solving a word problem

Need to change the word READ to NOTE in 6 moves.

Can anyone help?

4/6/2015 7:05:40 PM

Frances
Frances
I was able to go from READ to NOTE in 6 steps. Hint: for my solution, I changed one of the vowels in READ to a different letter, and then kept the N of NOTE for that word's first change. There may be other routes, of course.

4/15/2015 3:28:53 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Hello Everyone! Yes it's me, CC. Got in a car accident awhile back. Was not fun. I broke my back and my leg in two places. Spent two weeks in the hospital (that was the worse part). Anyway since I can't sit at my computer my friends chipped in and got me a lap top. How nice was that? Well now I can communicate with the outside world I just can't go outside yet. I'm improving but not as fast as I would like, I'm not a very patient person and from what I heard from the nurses I was an even lousier patient. Oh well, life goes on. It's great to be back and have some people to talk to. I'm pretty bored just lying here but I've done a great many puzzles! Hope everyone is well! CC

4/15/2015 10:09:51 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Hope you start feeling a little bit better, day by day, CC. Great that your friends got you the laptop computer. You know we're all rooting for you.

--
Amy

4/15/2015 12:37:04 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
CC wishing you a speedy recovery!! smile BTW Monday's Free Puzzle (4/13) is a Word Games Puzzle. Hopefully that will help you feel a little better.

4/15/2015 3:25:20 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Thanks you guys! Purp, that was the first thing I did on my lap top was look up the WGP"s I've missed. Thanks to mostly Amy and a few others it's very easy for me to do! CC

7/11/2015 8:33:11 PM

Brian Coleman
Brian Coleman
I have been searching for a community of like-minded puzzlers... I couldn't find anything on Facebook, so I recently started a group... link is in my profile.

(don't mean to break any forum rules, so if inappropriate, just let me know and I will delete)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

From Virginia... Male... 30s... Family Man... Business Professional.

--
Puzzle On!

7/11/2015 10:13:58 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Brian Coleman wrote:
I have been searching for a community of like-minded puzzlers... I couldn't find anything on Facebook, so I recently started a group... link is in my profile.

(don't mean to break any forum rules, so if inappropriate, just let me know and I will delete)

Welcome to the forum, Brian. When I saw a whole lot of posts by one person today, I knew it was a new member who just found the forum and read all the posts. I remember when I first saw the forum, I threw in a lot of comments (and have been doing so ever since). It's cool to get younger members of the forum, too, because some of us are old enough to receive Social Security.

Tried your link and then realized too late that it deals with Facebook, with which I do NOT deal. But I hope some of the other forum members, who might use Facebook or have no objection to joining Facebook, can try your site and see what it's like.
edited by Amy-in-PA on 7/11/2015

--
Amy

7/12/2015 11:30:16 AM

Brian Coleman
Brian Coleman
Thanks for the welcome!

Relaxing with Fill-Ins and Word Searches this morning.
edited by in2trial on 7/12/2015

--
Puzzle On!

7/14/2015 2:01:48 PM

Josh
Josh
Brian Coleman wrote:

Hi Brian! Welcome aboard! I used to live in Virginia myself (I was born there and spent much of my childhood there) and love to go back every year or two for a week to visit.

As far as solving, I'm being a bit adventurous right now, working a book of Slitherlink from Nikoli, the Trigons book that Purple Pisces recommended from DJAPE (they feel more challenging than the ones found in Dell magazines), and the latest Math & Logic Problems edition. Splitting my time during the various portions of my commute and making some headway on all of them right now, which feels good.

7/14/2015 3:28:50 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Wow, we're up to 54 pages on this thread at this point.

--
Amy

7/15/2015 8:52:17 AM

Brian Coleman
Brian Coleman
I just picked up the Math & Logic Puzzle magazine... never really worked with those before. Wanted to start on them last night, but don't think I can work those puzzles with the TV on... smile

--
Puzzle On!

7/15/2015 9:27:24 AM

Josh
Josh
Brian Coleman wrote:
I just picked up the Math & Logic Puzzle magazine... never really worked with those before. Wanted to start on them last night, but don't think I can work those puzzles with the TV on... smile

I hear you! While some of them I can do pretty easily, when I get to some puzzles, like Logic Problems, I have to mute the music on my headphones while I work it out (I normally solve on the train during my commute). I need that extra little ability to focus. Enjoy!

7/15/2015 11:25:20 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
I agree with you guys that it's hard to do logic problems, where you have to concentrate, when any distractions are running in the background (or foreground).

--
Amy

7/23/2015 6:34:36 PM

Indiana Puzzle Solver
Indiana Puzzle Solver
I was poking around the forum and came across some "Guest" posts that had a distinct style and tone to them. Here's to you, DHO. I wish they would re-institute his name on his posts. They are a hoot!

7/23/2015 11:30:03 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
He got into trouble once -- and they took away his posting privileges and his "persona" -- because he put on a link to a "family-unfriendly" song or poem. (It was a poignant poem if you could get past the language, but that language doesn't represent Penny/Dell, for sure. If Dark Horse had paraphrased the poem without that language, things might have been different.) Then worse yet, he died about 6 months later. But he's approximately the only guest whose posts one finds, so anything you see that says "Guest" is probably his, and you'll probably enjoy reading all the "Guest" posts.

--
Amy

Home » General Discussion » The forum