Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » Lobbying for Brain Boosters Picture Puzzles

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say, share your solutions, and get help.
8/12/2011 12:46:15 AM

Hello, Editors, Mods, Admin, number crunchers, fellow puzzlers, etc.

Sadly, I hear that Brain Boosters is going the way of the dodo, dinosaurs, and my intimate life (heheh). Well, there are those issues that contain only picture puzzles, and I want to be the first to officially lobby for that format of book to remain. I'm addicted to these sorts of puzzles, be it the actual photograph puzzles, the illustration match types, the shadow types, mirrors, or the various other styles of puzzles you put into those certain editions. I LOVE those style of puzzles, and often try to find them here online, but would be more than happy to stick some money in the PennyDell piggy bank if you made this sort of book a regular. Perhaps a quarterly issue? Something that will build my anticipation between, so I really get myself into a lather ticking off the days until the next comes out? C'mon, PD. Give this puzzler that sort of love, will you? Heheh.

I can take honest as well, so don't hold back if that sort of thing isn't in the cards. I'll just settle for what I get in the other books, but will sorely miss this format if I never see it coming from you good folks again. LIFE has done one for cripes sake, heheh. There MUST be an audience for it.
<em>edited by TheDarkHorseOne on 8/12/2011</em>

6/17/2012 11:42:40 PM

mmessina1
mmessina1
I put my vote in as well for the Brain Booster picture puzzles to continue!!! My wife and I love them and often fight over which book each will do! We would be willing to subscribe if they were available (even Quarterly)! Thanks very much!

6/19/2012 6:42:29 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Which mag. are these in Penny or Dell? I'm not sure which one's you're talking about? CC Dark Horse, you mentioned these puzzles on my "What's Left" post too, I'm dying to know if they are the one's I do also, but because most of my mags are only 3 years old and up they may not be in one. To search for a certain puzzle in all my mags is tedious to say the least. CC
edited by creamchz3@aol.com on 6/19/2012

7/19/2012 3:37:01 PM

Dell Editorial Staff
Dell Editorial Staff
Brain Boosters Picture Puzzles was a Dell title that was discontinued due to less-than-hoped-for sales. It was fun to edit and we know a lot of solvers were big fans, but this hard decision had to be made. Some of the puzzle types that were found in Picture Puzzles, including Some Difference, are included on a rotating basis in some of Dell's other titles, including Dell Crossword Special, Official All-Time Favorite Variety Puzzles, Dell Official Variety Puzzles, and Solver's Choice Easy Fast 'n' Fun Variety Puzzles.

7/20/2012 7:44:35 AM

Chris the Indiana Puzzler
Chris the Indiana Puzzler
I bought a variety pack of these books last summer and my family and I have enjoyed them. The format is great as well as the color presentation.

--
Peace Out.

10/1/2013 12:44:45 PM

Anna Booth
Anna Booth
I'm expecting a 4-pack value pack in the mail - I hope they are good! They are just the Brain Boosters, not picture only...I think...how many issues were there?

10/1/2013 2:14:27 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
It's nice to see a post from our dear, departed Dark Horse again. That very 1st post, without my even looking at the name of the one who posted, sounded so much like him, and when I came to the "edited by" spot, I realized it was indeed he.

--
Amy

10/1/2013 5:08:29 PM

Frances
Frances
There were 20 issues of the original Brain Boosters, running from July 2008 to September 2011. I don't know how long the Picture Puzzles version was issued.

Home » Variety Central » Lobbying for Brain Boosters Picture Puzzles