Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » 1994 Puzzle Good Luck.

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
11/29/2011 9:58:48 PM

xivivx
xivivx
As the final quarter of the school year ticks away, the senior class of Delbridge High School looks toward graduation. Five seniors , all talented artists, were selected to design graduation announcements, which were then voted on by the class. Each announcement was designed in a different style, and each receives a different number of votes. From the information provided, can you determine the first and last name of each senior (two of whom-Bobby and Cray- are young men, and three of whom- Brady, Michelle and Tammy- are young women), the style of the announcement (one was Elizabethan) he or she designed and the number of votes (8, 56, 80, 88 , or 120) his or her announcement received?

1) The announcement designed in Greco- Roman style was not the one designed by Mr. Carpenter. Mr. Holmes is not Brandy.
2) The announcement designed by the one surnamed McElmurry received 56 votes.
3) The announcement designed in modern style received 8 votes.
4) The announcement designed by Cary received 88 votes. Neither Michelle's announcement. (which was designed in Art Deco style) nor Bobby's annoucement is the one that received 80 votes.
5) Tammy Poston is not the young woman who designed her announcement in Renaissance style.
6) The one surnamed Thompson is neither Cary nor Brandy.

http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/xx195/ArcheriIV/

Check those photos for help.

12/1/2011 7:17:38 PM

Frances
Frances
I tried to solve your logic problem but could not. Since the intro tells us Bra[n]dy is a woman, clue #1's "Mr. Holmes is not Brandy" doesn't quite make sense. Perhaps this is a typo in your post and it should be "Ms. Holmes is not Brandy." I tried to check your pictures but couldn't make it out clearly enough. Could you double-check that? If it is "Ms. Holmes..." then it's solvable.

12/4/2011 6:35:40 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
I've never seen this puzzle before, but I'll assume the clue should read "Ms. Holmes isn't Brandy." Thanks for the original post and the next comment.
I'll print it out and have another puzzle to solve.

--
Amy

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » 1994 Puzzle Good Luck.