Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General Discussion » The forum

General Discussion.
5/7/2012 12:33:45 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Purple Pisces wrote:
CC for me the permalink is right under each post along with the "reply with quote" and "report to moderator".

All I have is "reply with quote". No permalink, no edit, no nothing. CC

5/7/2012 9:04:01 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
I also only have "reply with quote" at the bottom of the threads, BUT I have the other options sitting out to the right of the main forum in the gray area. Just one set of options, though, and they are not attached to any one post so I can't use them.

5/7/2012 9:29:46 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Replying to Frances's post of 5/6/12 on Page 12 of what is now our 13-page post (awesome!) I just tried hitting "Permalink" but I don't think it did anything.

--
Amy

5/7/2012 6:00:20 PM

Semipro
Semipro
Permalink changes the URL in the address bar so that it includes the post number, like this:

http://www.pennydellpuzzles.com/forum/topic590-the-forum.aspx?Page=12#post2971

5/7/2012 6:07:04 PM

Semipro
Semipro
Continuing from my preceding post, which I can't edit: When I clicked that link, it took me to Amy's post of 9:29:46 a.m. even though the word "permalink" is at the top of this page (that's the only place I have them) and the first post there is Purple's of 12:33:45. Besides, this is page 13, not 12.

Things before the upgrade worked lots better on Firefox than what's here now does.

5/7/2012 10:36:50 PM

Frances
Frances
I couldn't get the permalink to work for a post on the forum. The link looked fine and pretty blue as I was composing my reply, but when I added the message, it didn't appear correctly on the forum. It was printed twice in black. However, it worked perfectly in an e-mail I tried with the same permalink from the clipboard.
Frances.
P.S. You know, if we continue on like this, we may end up with just one thread---"The Forum"! smile

5/11/2012 10:26:58 AM

admin
admin
Administrator
Purple Pisces wrote:
I was looking at the card insert that came in the Logic & Math puzzle book I got the other day. It's for a subscription and there are two billing options 1) Bill me later and 2) I'll pay when billed. Maybe I'm missing something but what's the difference.

Also does anyone know why a 1 year subscription is $5 less through the insert card as opposed to ordering online?

Purple Pisces,

Thanks for asking. We do from time to time offer special subscription rates via different marketing efforts. For Logic & Math, $14.97 is the lowest offer to date. We encourage you to take advantage of this offer if you're considering a subscription purchase.

With regard to the billing options, we goofed! The correct options should be "Payment Enclosed" and "Bill Me Later." Sorry for the confusion!

Best,

Admin

5/11/2012 3:29:57 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Thanks for answering!! $14.97 for a year subscription is an excellent value! Will be mailing my subscription card today!! smile

5/12/2012 2:28:12 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I have to start this up again because I ran into another bizarre Word Games Puzzle, I just can't seem to locate it right now but it's in a Select so I will soon! CC

5/12/2012 4:07:43 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com wrote:
I have to start this up again because I ran into another bizarre Word Games Puzzle, I just can't seem to locate it right now but it's in a Select so I will soon! CC

OK I found it. I could not of guessed these in a million years without LOTS of help. Catagory: NAME GAME #1 Musical Actress / 14 letters. #2 Poetic Dentist / 13 letters. I just want to see if ANYONE can get one of these without knowing where it is and looking up the answer. I sure couldn't! CC

5/12/2012 4:17:38 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com wrote:
creamchz3@aol.com wrote:

OK I found it. I could not of guessed these in a million years without LOTS of help. Catagory: NAME GAME #1 Musical Actress / 14 letters. #2 Poetic Dentist / 13 letters. I just want to see if ANYONE can get one of these without knowing where it is and looking up the answer. I sure couldn't! CC

The last time we did this the catagory was WHAT'S HIS NAME, coinsidence? I think not. CC

5/12/2012 8:48:29 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Oh, my! These look tough.

I'm guessing they may be anagrams since there are 14 letters in "musical actress" and 13 letters in "poetic dentist?"

I can't seem to work out anything beyond that at the moment! smile

5/12/2012 8:16:44 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Nope. The first one is part of the name of an actress. Oh. and after the clues there are ? which means its going to be very punny. But still I couldn't get these in a million years. First off how many actresses are there? Then how many things are involved in music? Songs, singers, instruments, opera's, musicals, lyrics, bands, give me a break! So no, no anagrams at all. CC

5/12/2012 8:36:07 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
If these clues are tough for you CC and all your Words Games expertise, forget about me being able to solve them! LOL! I seem to do a lot better with these puzzles when I have the whole thing sitting in front of me.

Well today I finally tackled and solved my first Word Arithmetic!! YAY!! Which is a good thing because I just mailed a check for a 1 year subscription to Dell's Math and Logic Problems. smile

5/13/2012 5:10:19 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
They are definately easier to solve when it's right in front of you, but what we keep saying is that there are catagories you cannot get without filling in some letters or figuring out the quote ot both. This is definately one of those. BERNADETTE, I'm going to give you the answer for the first which should somewhat help you with the second. (sure) Musical Actress? Joannewoodwind. By the way #3 is Funny President? 13 letters #4 Flaky Actor 8 letters (that one's really stupid!) CC

5/13/2012 7:20:06 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
For some reason Frances cannot post so she sent me a private message. For Poetic Dentist she came up with Robert Bridges, Crownrad Aiken, Sara Teethdale and Drillin' Thomas. All fantastic answers, probably better than "the" answer, but here's the clue your missing Frances "poetic". I'll give you the answer a little later but I want to see if you or anyone else can come up with it. I'm betting you can. Like me you has that Word Games kinda mind. CC

5/13/2012 7:23:15 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Bernadette1959 wrote:
Hi CC,

Joanne Woodwind??? Okay, that's one of those answers that I definitely don't find humorous at all. It's really stretching the connection. I kept trying to think of an actress with a first name like "Melody" or even someone like Valerie HARPer, do you know what I mean? Where the person's actual name is used.

It's just my personal opinion, but I don't believe clues/answers like the one in that puzzle should be allowed. My apologies to PennyDell, but I don't find that funny or cute, just stupid.

Thanks for giving me the other two clues, but it would be impossible for me to figure them out with no known letters at all! smile

Flaky Actor: 3rd letter c, 5th j and 7th o.

5/13/2012 4:50:49 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Appropos of nothing along the lines of puzzling, Happy Mother's Day, everyone -- that also goes for you men, such as Michael, Indiana Puzzler,
and Dark Horse, because you either have mothers, or wives, or daughters, and are probably celebrating this day with them.

--
Amy

5/13/2012 7:26:52 PM

Semipro
Semipro
My guess for Funny President, 13 letters, is ROBERTLAUGHED.

5/13/2012 7:36:16 PM

Semipro
Semipro
Oh, never mind. Taft's name wasn't Robert. He was William Howard Taft. I've never even known anyone named Robert Taft. What was I thinking!

Home » General Discussion » The forum