Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » Help with sudoku.....

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
2/8/2012 2:29:52 PM

vit
vit
Hello,

Ya, would like to ask for Your help.

My question would be, if some of Sudokas in "CHALLENGER" section are supposedly set up with "no solution"?

Specifically, have found one which seems to have no any solution... even deductions in "SUDOKU SOLVER" on your pages have not provided me any?
Does it mean that this particularly Sudoku is one of those which makes you to take chance and pick up one of the offered possibilities in one of the cells, at certain point of solving, and just to try to go with it?

Specifically i am talking about Sudoku number 309 from - Totally Sudoku, Summer 2011.

Thank You and one more time appreciate Your help and time,

Krusinka Vit

2/18/2012 12:58:36 AM

vit wrote:
Hello,

My question would be, if some of Sudokas in "CHALLENGER" section are supposedly set up with "no solution"?

Specifically, have found one which seems to have no any solution... even deductions in "SUDOKU SOLVER" on your pages have not provided me any?
Does it mean that this particularly Sudoku is one of those which makes you to take chance and pick up one of the offered possibilities in one of the cells, at certain point of solving, and just to try to go with it?

Specifically i am talking about Sudoku number 309 from - Totally Sudoku, Summer 2011.

Krusinka Vit

I don't know your specific puzzle, Vit, but every puzzle like this that I've seen has a logical end. I was rather put off by sudoku upon first trying them, but then I got a little hand-held Sudoku machine. I can't say for certain, but I'd wager that I've solved more than 10,000 puzzles in this genre on the game or on paper, and while there are some hard ones, they all can be beaten with deductive reasoning.

Think of it like fileting a carcass... Sometimes you have to probe the meat with your keen intellect before you find the stroke that separates the fat from the prize. Then, the sharp mind discovers the fulcrum of the puzzle that allows the rest to fall in it's proper place. I can tell you from experience that probing for that spot takes time, but once you tip the balance, the cascade to the solution is swift.

2/24/2012 12:07:13 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Hey, if any of you Sudoku fans would like to see a couple of pertinent on-line comic strips, drop me a private message, letting me know of your e-mail
address. I have a couple of links I can send you (actually, one is a link to an old Garfield comic, on the Garfield website that a friend of mine works for,
and the other is today's 2/24/12 comic whose name I forget but I'll find it, where I can send you an e-card from the DailyInk a/k/a King Features website).

I assume links and e-cards won't work with the PennyDellPuzzles forum, but if anyone wants those links, let me know.

--
Amy

3/28/2012 9:02:11 PM

vit
vit
TheDarkHorseOne wrote:
vit wrote:
Hello,

Krusinka Vit

I don't know your specific puzzle, Vit, but every puzzle like this that I've seen has a logical end. I was rather put off by sudoku upon first trying them, but then I got a little hand-held Sudoku machine. I can't say for certain, but I'd wager that I've solved more than 10,000 puzzles in this genre on the game or on paper, and while there are some hard ones, they all can be beaten with deductive reasoning.

Think of it like fileting a carcass... Sometimes you have to probe the meat with your keen intellect before you find the stroke that separates the fat from the prize. Then, the sharp mind discovers the fulcrum of the puzzle that allows the rest to fall in it's proper place. I can tell you from experience that probing for that spot takes time, but once you tip the balance, the cascade to the solution is swift.

Hello and thank You for your answer.....

well than it is the only one idea on my mind how to figure out if this sudoku is solvable or not and that is to forward this sudoku on You so You may try to solve it??? :-) If You were interested????.....

Because the one I am talking about really does not seem to lead anywhere????...at least to me!

So either way.......thank You one more time for Your afford!

Vit

3/29/2012 11:12:02 PM

vit wrote:
TheDarkHorseOne wrote:
vit wrote:
Hello,

Krusinka Vit

Hello and thank You for your answer.....

well than it is the only one idea on my mind how to figure out if this sudoku is solvable or not and that is to forward this sudoku on You so You may try to solve it??? :-) If You were interested????.....

Because the one I am talking about really does not seem to lead anywhere????...at least to me!

So either way.......thank You one more time for Your afford!

Vit

Feel free to, Krusinka, and I apologize for not calling you that originally. I just read the screen name, not your first name. I feel like I've been rude.

Not sure how you can send it, but there are PMs here on the board if you'd like to give it a try. Personal messages. Just click my name, and I believe you'll find the proper way to do so.

Good to meet you.

TDHO.
<em>edited by TheDarkHorseOne on 3/29/2012</em>

4/1/2012 6:52:09 PM

vit
vit
Hi again, dont worry about the name!!! :§), in fact You calling me right since switched my name with surname in my address ......

So let me try send You the link with a specific sudoku. All what needs to be done since You open the link is to sign yourself in.
May not be problem since you are registered in the forum????!!!!....

So the link is http://www.pennydellsudokusolver.com/solver.html

Just for case the sudoku belong to section Totally Sudoku
Summer 2011
Puzzle 309

Let me know if it works for You this way?? Otherwise can write You a description of how is the sudoku originally set by the beginning ???

Thank You,

Vit

4/1/2012 7:16:18 PM

vit wrote:
Hi again, dont worry about the name!!! :§), in fact You calling me right since switched my name with surname in my address ......

So let me try send You the link with a specific sudoku. All what needs to be done since You open the link is to sign yourself in.
May not be problem since you are registered in the forum????!!!!....

So the link is http://www.pennydellsudokusolver.com/solver.html

Just for case the sudoku belong to section Totally Sudoku
Summer 2011
Puzzle 309

Let me know if it works for You this way?? Otherwise can write You a description of how is the sudoku originally set by the beginning ???

Thank You,

Vit
I got your PM, vit, and clicked the link, but it requires me to log in and stuff, and my Pacer game is now on. I'll give it a try the next day or two and will reply in your PM once I have a look. Fair enough?

Love your accent, by the way, heheh.

4/5/2012 10:50:35 PM

Sorry for my lateness in getting back to you, Vit. I'm going to call you Vit, because it's shorter and I'm lazy, heheh.

I tried to log on to that link you gave above, but it kept asking me for the name of the book or title or some such... I don't know. I gave up. I'd still love to help you, but I'm at a loss as to how.

Feel free to PM me again if you have another idea.

4/6/2012 12:54:53 AM

Frances
Frances
For Sudoku Solver: First you must register. Enter e-mail address, and a password. Click Register. (If already registered, click Submit.)

Choose Puzzle Title: Totally Sudoku
Choose Issue: Summer 2011
Type puzzle number: 309
Type access code: [Go to puzzle #193 in the magazine. Enter all the numbers in the first row across of the puzzle diagram #193. This is not from the answer diagram, but from the puzzle itself that is to be solved. The number of the PUZZLE that contains the access code is different in different magazines.]

Vit: You have not given this access code in your posts. Without it, it is not possible to proceed any further in the Sudoku Solver. If you will post this code, then others will be able to access the puzzle in question.

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » Help with sudoku.....