Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » Value packs

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say/share your solutions.
8/28/2011 4:26:05 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I used to be able to order huge ammounts of Penny Press variety puzzles at one time. Now it seems 16 is the most you can get. Can anyone tell me why this is? If I'm going to order back magazines I've already done I want to order a bunch of them. Thanks to all replies!

8/29/2011 2:48:31 PM

admin
admin
Administrator
Thank you for your inquiry. While we offered "pure" Penny Press titles in larger value packs some time ago, we found that many of our solvers were interested in a mixture of the Penny Press and Dell Magazines titles.

We offer Penny Press back issues in packages of 8 and 16 and ask that you allow six months in between orders to ensure that you will not receive a duplicate of your previous value pack purchase.

We appreciate your interest in Penny Publications!

Best,

Admin

8/29/2011 5:34:44 PM

Frances
Frances
And some solvers would love to have the "pure" Penny Press big box available again---I would! Frances.

8/29/2011 7:00:58 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Me too, that's why I asked. To be painfully honest I can't stand Dell variety puzzles. I only do penny's, always have, always will. What would be the harm in offering them again? It just means you make more money and it doesn't cost you anything. You really shouldn't group everyone together. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream, To each his own!

8/30/2011 10:51:34 AM

admin
admin
Administrator
Thank you for your feedback. We will forward your suggestions to our editorial staff for their review.

Please be sure to contact customerservice@pennypublications.com for specific product inquiries.

Best,

Admin

8/30/2011 7:48:44 PM

learnernotlurker
learnernotlurker
Amen to the above posts. I also want a big box of just Penny Press magazines. Even the 16-pack has too many of the easy mags, so i have to buy the 40-pack just to get enough of the more challenging Penny Press. I still hate wasting my money on Dell puzzles.

10/6/2011 9:37:43 PM

I can't help but like both, personally. I can find something I like in any of them, easy to hard. I'm used to Penny, because that's what it generally sold around me here, but getting a pack with Dell in it as well has exposed me to all kinds of puzzles I had never seen, and some that brought back childhood memories. If they'd offer both in 40s, I'd buy one of each because I've grown quite fond of Dell as well. As it is, the mixed bag is fine by me.

You could always donate your Dell to me, creamchz! I'd humbly take those pesky things off your hands. Heheheh.

10/7/2011 6:46:40 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Yes TheDarkHorseOne I'm sure you would, unfortunately I did the math recently to find out how much I've spent on Penny's puzzle books over the years. I spend $420 a year not including the selected puzzles and variety packs I order on-line. Multiply that by 35 years. See, I can't afford the magazines I already buy, I really can't afford to give them away. But if I had some I'd send them to you! C.C.

11/22/2011 3:34:57 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I just learned you can order the large amounts of all Penny Variety puzzles anytime but you have to do it over the phone and not online. Good to know.

Home » Variety Central » Value packs