Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » What's The Order, January 2015 - Two Solutions Fou

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
11/23/2014 1:44:59 AM

EPAIII
EPAIII
I did an exhaustive search of all possible solutions to this problem and found two that seem to confirm to all the conditions. I did find the 8 - 3 - 2 - 1 solution shown in the back, but 6 - 0 - 5 - 2 also works. Both fit all the conditions and since the digit zero is not excluded in either the instructions or the clues, I must assume it is allowed. If zero is to be excluded, it should be so stated.

PS: MORE Cross Sums, please. I love them.

11/23/2014 7:08:54 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Cross Sums? Don't they usually exclude 0 and go only from 1 to 9? Or is the one you're writing about, not a cross-sum?
edited by Amy-in-PA on 11/23/2014

--
Amy

11/23/2014 12:55:47 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
I believe EPAIII is asking about the "What's the Order Puzzle" in their post, and just adding at the end how much they enjoy Cross Sums. But to your question, under the rules of the traditional Cross Sums the "0" isn't used, but they do have Cross Sums Variations where, in one of them, the "0" must be in every entry.

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » What's The Order, January 2015 - Two Solutions Fou