Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Word Search & Fill-In Corner » Stars on Parade

Solvers helping solvers; get help.
2/2/2015 12:42:47 PM

Frances
Frances
Dell's Official Word Search has been changed to Stars on Parade Word Search. It's a mix of word searches with pop culture themes, and variety word searches.

The first page mentions introducing a word search called Throw in the Vowel.
Penny Press fans know it as Missing Vowels word seek. While Throw in the Vowel is themeless, each example appears to contain every letter of the alphabet at least once.
edited by Frances on 2/2/2015

2/21/2015 2:29:06 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Bernadette1959 wrote:
Hi Frances!

Thank you for posting about this change! I bought a copy of "Stars on Parade Word Search" this morning! smile

Bernadette

Not that I know much about "Stars on Parade," but I'm glad to see you back, Bernie. Some of us were wondering the other week when you'd make a re-appearance. It had been a while since we'd seen a post of yours.

--
Amy

2/21/2015 3:38:29 PM

Frances
Frances
Hi Bernadette,

Is it just me, or does it seem there's a lot of empty space in this magazine? And I don't think just making the print larger helped that much. (Glad to see you post again on the forum, too!)

Frances.

2/21/2015 5:36:05 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Good to "see" you Bernadette! smile

1/20/2016 3:42:54 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Hi all! smile

Has anyone else seen this publication recently? It has shrunk to the size of all the other word search puzzle books. I leafed through the newer, smaller version but the look of it just didn't appeal to me.

Bernadette

1/20/2016 11:24:46 PM

Josh
Josh
Bernadette1959 wrote:
Hi all! smile

Has anyone else seen this publication recently? It has shrunk to the size of all the other word search puzzle books. I leafed through the newer, smaller version but the look of it just didn't appeal to me.

Bernadette

I caught that. It felt really odd in its larger size to me; it looks and feels a bit more like the old Official now, albeit with the pop culture emphasis. The copy I got, though, looks to have been cut a bit off alignment though, as the type was awfully close to the inner margin (the front cover had some white trim showing on the right side). When it comes to the word search books I do prefer the smaller size, so I'm cool with the change personally.

1/21/2016 2:43:50 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Yes, Josh! It looks like the content is not aligned correctly on the pages. Maybe since this is the first issue in the smaller size, PD will tweak a few things before the next issue. I'll have to give it a look!

3/6/2016 1:36:42 PM

Kerry
Kerry
I was lucky enough to get a copy of the latest Stars on Parade in the states while on holiday. It's so much smaller than the one you buy in Canada. I love both!

3/6/2016 5:54:03 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
This is so weird! One time when Bernadette posted, in February of 2015, it came out with my name and picture on her post! I don't think I've done these "vowel" puzzles.

--
Amy

3/7/2016 4:21:36 PM

Josh
Josh
Amy Lowenstein wrote:
This is so weird! One time when Bernadette posted, in February of 2015, it came out with my name and picture on her post! I don't think I've done these "vowel" puzzles.

If you recall, a lot of Bernadette's old posts vanished awhile back; it looks like you quoted and responded to her. Gets very confusing with those posts missing, but thankfully you quoted her post, so new visitors can still follow along! (Unless you deleted it before posting; just looking above. I could be wrong here!)
edited by jjofriends on 3/7/2016

Home » Word Search & Fill-In Corner » Stars on Parade