Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Logic Problem Exchange » Original Logic Problems - British Edition

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
5/9/2018 8:50:01 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Frances,

This post doesn’t have anything to do with Logic Problems, but since a new volume was being discussed I thought I would mention something. I was in a local Books-a-Million store on Monday and noticed that they had some special Pennypress puzzle magazines for sale! They were on the same order as the PennyPress Selected Puzzle volumes but they had different looking covers. I saw ones for sale featuring Places, Please and Missing Vowels word search. There may have been more available but this store has a vast selection of puzzle magazines and I was in a bit of a hurry and didn’t have long to browse.

Bernadette
edited by Bernadette1959 on 5/9/2018

5/9/2018 10:56:16 PM

Frances
Frances
Bernadette1959 wrote:
Frances,

This post doesn’t have anything to do with Logic Problems, but since a new volume was being discussed I thought I would mention something. I was in a local Books-a-Million store on Monday and noticed that they had some special Pennypress puzzle magazines for sale! They were on the same order as the PennyPress Selected Puzzle volumes but they had different looking covers. I saw ones for sale featuring Places, Please and Missing Vowels word search. There may have been more available but this store has a vast selection of puzzle magazines and I was in a bit of a hurry and didn’t have long to browse.

Bernadette

Well, that's interesting. These types of volumes have always been mail-order only. I wonder if they're just trying out selling them in stores.

5/10/2018 7:53:33 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
That could be the case or it could just be because summer is approaching, and since that's a time when people are more apt to buy puzzle magazines PD is offering these volumes in stores as a seasonal thing. I remember about four summers ago Pennypress published a set of puzzle books, both regular and large print, that I only saw for sale in Wal-Mart stores. They were shelved on a nice separate cardboard display in the middle of the aisle near some other summery items. I bought quite a few of them and we rarely ever go on vacation! LOL wink

Bernadette

Home » Logic Problem Exchange » Original Logic Problems - British Edition