Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Logic Problem Exchange » Teacher in Need of Solutions from October 2007

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
8/26/2015 12:37:56 PM

ladyabercrombie
ladyabercrombie
Greetings!

I am a teacher and have been using the same Original Logic Puzzle book from October 2007 for a long time.
I have moved classrooms and the answers to my puzzles has vanished! I am so desperate because it has been an invaluable resource for my critical thinking course. Please, please, please.

Is there anyone out there who has the solutions for the following puzzles from the October 2007 book:
1. Oh Baby!
2. Gardens of Eden
5. The Elements of Love
6. MP3 Dee
8. Digital Diary
9. Messy Hall
14. At Your Room Service
12. Leaf Peeping
13. Play School
22. Baby Dolls
23. Cammy's Cameos

edited by ladyabercrombie on 8/26/2015
edited by ladyabercrombie on 8/27/2015

8/26/2015 1:52:58 PM

Frances
Frances
You could just buy a new logic magazine/book. They're available at bookstores, Target, eBay, Amazon, or right here at PennyDellPuzzles: I'm sure Customer Service could get a recent logic problem issue into your hands in no time. (The odds are not good that someone would still have that particular 8-year-old magazine.)

Alternately, since you're a teacher of critical thinking, couldn't you solve the old puzzles yourself and thus have the answers that way?
edited by Frances on 8/26/2015

8/26/2015 11:03:23 PM

Semipro
Semipro
Good answer, Frances!

ladyabercrombie, it occurs to me to wonder how the solutions section in the back of the magazine got lost in your move although you have enough of the magazine to quote the numbers and titles of eleven puzzles. You see, I enjoy exercising critical thinking myself.

8/27/2015 7:35:30 AM

ladyabercrombie
ladyabercrombie
Semipro wrote:
Good answer, Frances!

ladyabercrombie, it occurs to me to wonder how the solutions section in the back of the magazine got lost in your move although you have enough of the magazine to quote the numbers and titles of eleven puzzles. You see, I enjoy exercising critical thinking myself.

Because the pages were removed from my book and were in a different box which, apparently, is now somewhere in the ether.

8/27/2015 7:37:39 AM

ladyabercrombie
ladyabercrombie
Frances wrote:
You could just buy a new logic magazine/book. They're available at bookstores, Target, eBay, Amazon, or right here at PennyDellPuzzles: I'm sure Customer Service could get a recent logic problem issue into your hands in no time. (The odds are not good that someone would still have that particular 8-year-old magazine.)

Alternately, since you're a teacher of critical thinking, couldn't you solve the old puzzles yourself and thus have the answers that way?
edited by Frances on 8/26/2015

Of course I've tried getting another book. However in my area, the books do not have this type of puzzle and, because I am a lowly teacher, really do not want to spend $16 and 6 weeks waiting on another Penny Press Puzzle book.

Again, of course I've solved the puzzles in the past. But my answers and the pages from the book with the answers are missing. As you can imagine, as a teacher, I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands.

8/27/2015 7:56:47 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Semipro wrote:
You see, I enjoy exercising critical thinking myself.

If you would only exercise as much courtesy as critical thinking, more people might return to this forum after their initial inquiry.

8/27/2015 11:31:13 AM

Frances
Frances
A quick look at eBay (search logic puzzles magazines) showed about 70-80 for sale. Many were 2 for $4.25, $3 postage, and one-week/10-day delivery. More postage would be even quicker.

8/27/2015 6:18:06 PM

Josh
Josh
ladyabercrombie wrote:
Greetings!

I am a teacher and have been using the same Original Logic Puzzle book from October 2007 for a long time.
I have moved classrooms and the answers to my puzzles has vanished! I am so desperate because it has been an invaluable resource for my critical thinking course. Please, please, please.

Is there anyone out there who has the solutions for the following puzzles from the October 2007 book:
1. Oh Baby!
2. Gardens of Eden
5. The Elements of Love
6. MP3 Dee
8. Digital Diary
9. Messy Hall
14. At Your Room Service
12. Leaf Peeping
13. Play School
22. Baby Dolls
23. Cammy's Cameos

edited by ladyabercrombie on 8/26/2015
edited by ladyabercrombie on 8/27/2015

Good evening ladyabercrombie,

I just checked my cache and you're in luck - I have a copy of the magazine! If you're OK with me taking pictures of the pages (scanning could be tough with the thicker spine), I can do that for you - just send me a direct message with your email address and I can probably do it this weekend.

If you're looking for some fresh puzzles to work with, the Logic Problems Spectacular magazine, which is on sale everywhere right now, is a pretty good choice and at $9 would be half the price you saw elsewhere. Same publisher and puzzle quality, so you won't be disappointed.

Thanks,

Josh

8/27/2015 6:19:12 PM

Semipro
Semipro
Bernadette, whenever a new person posts a request for nothing but solutions, it raises a red flag for me. That kind of post IS an occasion for critical thinking. For the sake of courtesy to everyone, I'll leave it at that.

8/28/2015 9:28:51 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Semipro wrote:
For the sake of courtesy to everyone, I'll leave it at that.

In the future I'm just going to refrain from commenting at all. Our definitions of the term "courtesy" obviously differ. I've never understood the need to put new posters on the defensive or why the person cannot simply be given the benefit of the doubt. None of us are moderators, just fellow puzzlers.

If indeed someone is posting to get help with homework, the world will not stop turning if someone inadvertently gives them an answer.

9/4/2015 1:12:42 PM

ladyabercrombie
ladyabercrombie
Thank you, Josh! I truly appreciate your help.

And Bernadette1959, thank you as well. I was truly taken aback by the, what I perceived to be, hostility I received to what I thought was a pretty benign inquiry.

At any rate, I appreciate everyone's assistance.
edited by ladyabercrombie on 9/4/2015

9/4/2015 5:52:40 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
You're very welcome. I hope you will visit the forum again in the future. smile

Bernadette

Home » Logic Problem Exchange » Teacher in Need of Solutions from October 2007