Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General Discussion » Difficulty making avatar

General Discussion.
9/7/2015 8:30:46 AM

Toby Speed
Toby Speed
Good morning, all, and happy Labor Day. I'm having a maddening time trying to make an avatar that's accepted. I've resized my photo over and over until it's well under 100 x 100 pixels, and I've checked to see that it's under 15,000 bytes. Can't get it past the avatar police. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Toby

9/7/2015 9:40:51 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Happy Labor Day, Toby!

Is the avatar you have now not the one you are trying to use? If not, the only suggestion I can make is to be very, very sure that after you've resized your photo, the new dimensions are well and truly saved on your computer before pasting the link again and hitting the "ok" button here below the sample avatars. I had taken my teddy bear avatar down and when I went to repost it recently, it took me several tries, even after it was resized to make it below 100 x 100 pixels. (I no longer had my original photo saved to my computer and had to start from scratch.)

Good luck! smile

Bernadette
edited by Bernadette1959 on 9/7/2015

9/7/2015 3:31:58 PM

Toby Speed
Toby Speed
Thank you, Bernadette! No, the avatar that's on there now is one of the generic ones they offer. I've resized a photo of myself several times and checked to make sure it's 100 x 100 -- even smaller. I've also checked to make sure the byte count is under the limit. I'll give it another try. Maybe there's some step I'm missing. Wouldn't surprise me!

smile Toby

9/7/2015 6:01:28 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Toby, I used the website shrinkpictures.com to do my avatar. They have a "create avatar" option that was easy to use.

9/7/2015 8:20:55 PM

Toby Speed
Toby Speed
I'll give that a shot, Purple, thanks.

9/7/2015 8:26:00 PM

Toby Speed
Toby Speed
And it worked! smile

9/7/2015 10:46:01 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Glad it worked for you!! smile

9/7/2015 11:20:55 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
When I have time, I'll have to try ShrinkPictures.Com and see if I can get a more current picture of myself. Otherwise I'm way over the dimensions and/or way over the total bytes. Thanks for mentioning it, Purple.

--
Amy

9/11/2015 9:04:21 PM

Josh
Josh
Amy Lowenstein wrote:
When I have time, I'll have to try ShrinkPictures.Com and see if I can get a more current picture of myself. Otherwise I'm way over the dimensions and/or way over the total bytes. Thanks for mentioning it, Purple.

It looks like you might've done just that, Amy, and it's a very nice picture indeed!

Thanks for the website tip; always good to know of great sites that can help with pictures!

9/11/2015 9:19:12 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Josh wrote:
Amy Lowenstein wrote:

It looks like you might've done just that, Amy, and it's a very nice picture indeed!

Thanks for the website tip; always good to know of great sites that can help with pictures!

Thanks, Josh. Yes, I managed to shrink first one picture, then this other one. (Had the first one up for about 2 days, then switch to this one with the purple "Tax Season Survivor" tee-shirt.)

--
Amy

1/20/2016 12:33:51 PM

Semipro
Semipro
Persanyu wrote:
I wear pants and a polo or t-shirt,when I create avatar and yet I am never cute taking pictures.

http://www.evewholesale.com
edited by Persanyu on 1/20/2016

Persanyu, the link in your post looks a lot like advertising. I'll flag this for the moderator.

3/10/2017 1:12:41 AM

StacyHarris
StacyHarris
Persanyu this site is great

Home » General Discussion » Difficulty making avatar