Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » What happened to Collectibles?

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
9/11/2015 9:48:12 PM

Josh
Josh
It took me a few issues to notice, but earlier this year you stopped running Collectibles in Math & Logic. Please reconsider! It's one of my favorites personally and it was a nice inclusion in this magazine. Since I have become a much more regular solver again in the past couple of years, the last handful of pages of Math & Logic are currently among my favorites, and that puzzles was a part of that (along with Trigons, the Sudoku Challenger, the Jumbo Cross Sums, and lately - because I have actually found myself able to solve them! - the challenger logic problems and Figure Logics).

As an aside, I managed for the first time to complete an entire issue of Math & Logic a little under a year ago. Over the Labor Day weekend I closed out my fourth. I know you're not making them any easier, so I'm sort of excited I've finally reached that milestone; when I was in middle school and first started buying them, I always hoped I could build up my ability and do it - success!

Thanks,

Josh

9/15/2015 8:51:33 AM

Dell Editorial Staff
Dell Editorial Staff
Hi, Josh! Thanks so much for your comments. We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoy Dell Math & Logic Problems. We agree that Collectibles is a fun puzzle to solve and while it has been absent for a couple of issues, it will be returning to the Math & Logic lineup on a regular basis beginning with the March 2016 issue which will appear on newsstands the week of January 5.

9/15/2015 3:35:27 PM

Josh
Josh
Dell Editorial Staff wrote:
Hi, Josh! Thanks so much for your comments. We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoy Dell Math & Logic Problems. We agree that Collectibles is a fun puzzle to solve and while it has been absent for a couple of issues, it will be returning to the Math & Logic lineup on a regular basis beginning with the March 2016 issue which will appear on newsstands the week of January 5.

Excellent! That's great news, and I look forward to it. Keep up the great work smile

1/9/2016 5:15:27 PM

Josh
Josh
Just following up to say thanks again for including Collectibles in the latest issue!

Actually, this might be one of of the better issues in recent memory. Two Trigons! Collectibles is back! Letnums, which I don't recall seeing all that much recently! Actually, there's a few variety puzzles here that I don't recall seeing in awhile. It's nice to see a bit of rotation here to freshen things up a bit. Thanks for another great issue, and keep up the good work!

Josh

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » What happened to Collectibles?