Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » Orig Logic Prob - June 2015 - #23 Trilogy Pt 2

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
10/2/2015 1:23:37 PM

Spudkitty
Spudkitty
In the June 2015, Original Logic Problems, Puzzle #23 - "Trilogy Part 2: Revue Reviews," the solution states that "Clive's review did not run on Thursday." I cannot find any clue which would support that statement. Is this a puzzle error, or am I not seeing something I should?

10/2/2015 3:16:09 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
I haven't seen the problem you refer to, but could it be that ***part 1*** (somehow combined with something in part 2) is what made it obvious that Clive's review did not run on Thursday? Those puzzles where parts 1 and 2 depend on each other, drive me batty.

--
Amy

10/3/2015 10:54:58 PM

Spudkitty
Spudkitty
Amy, thank you for replying to my email. I did check the first puzzle very carefully. These things just drive me crazy, but in this case I do believe the solution is in error. Hopefully someone has seen and solved this puzzle and can steer me in the right direction. Again, appreciate your reply!

10/5/2015 9:00:37 AM

LogicEditor
LogicEditor
We took another look at puzzle 23 in the June 2015 issue of Original Logic Problems. The introduction lists the five possible days as Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Clue 2 tells us that the "review with the headline 'Signs of Life' appeared the day before the one written by the critic who sat in seat E" (who we know from part 1 is is Clive).
Now, since no review came out on Wednesday, we can conclude from clue 2 that Clive's review did not come out on Thursday. Hope this helps!

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » Orig Logic Prob - June 2015 - #23 Trilogy Pt 2