Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Word Seek Corner » Loop-A-Word

Solvers helping solvers.
11/12/2015 8:18:23 PM

Frances
Frances
Any long-time solvers remember when Penny called a word seek puzzle a "loop-a-word"? They had a Loop-A-Word magazine, which also contained some variety puzzles.

11/13/2015 12:26:46 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
I think some of the off-brand publishers still use Loop-A-Word.

11/19/2015 1:59:38 PM

Frances
Frances
Even though the Administrator removed all those spam posts we had recently (nearly 100), for some reason the user-name "Guest" has not only been left littered behind, but the date is changed each day on them all to indicate new posts! (Mostly in the Dell Mistakes section.) At least this post will remove one from the forum home page. The other one there, under "Join the Club Community", I'll do next.

ETA: By adding a small post to one of these "Guest"-notated threads, then immediately deleting it, "Guest" is removed, the post tally is accurate again, and the thread returns to its regular place on the thread list according to its real last post date. I did 2 on Dell Mistakes. I'm on dial-up that's sluggish right now, but later I'll try and clean up some more. It was just getting on my nerves, and I'm sure was misleading to folks checking in for new posts.
edited by Frances on 11/19/2015

11/19/2015 4:43:05 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Thanks for suggestion about "add a post, then delete it." I had been adding some posts recently to try to get the "guest" ones off the top of the list. Maybe I'll do a few your way (add and then delete) if I don't actually have a comment of my own.

Well, I did a BUNCH of them today, and got rid of all the "guest" posts. I don't think it was 100, but it was a lot. Thanks again for the suggestion, Frances!
edited by Amy-in-PA on 11/19/2015

--
Amy

11/19/2015 7:24:20 PM

Frances
Frances
Wow, that's great, Amy! Thanks for doing that. I was wondering if you might have been working those "Guest" remnants off the forum with your recent posts. Those first 81 spam posts were on every thread of 4 pages of the Dell Mistakes section. Since there were no longer any posts to go along with "Guest" maybe they could have been called "Ghost" posts! smile

Home » Word Seek Corner » Loop-A-Word