Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Crossword Talk » Puzzle Lovers Easy Crosswords

Discuss your favorite Crosswords. If you need solving help, ask here!
12/17/2015 9:17:59 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
As some of you may know, crosswords are not my forte, but have always wanted to start solving them without having to look up any hints or answers. Well, a few weeks ago I picked up a copy of Dell's Puzzle Lovers Easy Crosswords and have really enjoyed the puzzles in this magazine. I've only solved a few puzzles in the book, but have been able to solve them, correctly I might add smile , without having to get any hints. I've finally found a title that seems to suit my skill level! For anyone that may be shying away from crosswords because they seem too hard, this title may be a great start for you!

12/18/2015 3:15:16 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
If you subscribe to a newspaper, its a great source of an easy daily puzzle that should help you up your game. If not, the USA today daily crossword is free online or in the app. I also like to solve the Thomas Joseph crossword, which is available through the crossword paid app. All fun. Best way to get better at crosswords is to solve more of them.

12/19/2015 1:41:20 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
I've clipped a few crosswords out of our daily paper, and have come close to solving one a couple of times, but always get stuck at some point. That's why I was so happy to find Dell's title. It's at just the right level to make crosswords fun for me. smile Like you said, the more I do the better I'll get at them, hopefully. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to look at a cryptic crossword LOL!!

12/19/2015 2:43:10 PM

Josh
Josh
Purple Pisces wrote:
As some of you may know, crosswords are not my forte, but have always wanted to start solving them without having to look up any hints or answers. Well, a few weeks ago I picked up a copy of Dell's Puzzle Lovers Easy Crosswords and have really enjoyed the puzzles in this magazine. I've only solved a few puzzles in the book, but have been able to solve them, correctly I might add smile , without having to get any hints. I've finally found a title that seems to suit my skill level! For anyone that may be shying away from crosswords because they seem too hard, this title may be a great start for you!

I've noticed that both Dell and Penny Press seem to have tilted a significant portion of their crossword line-up in favor of easier crosswords. At Wal-Mart, for instance, I always find their value series, and one of the entries is an Easy Crosswords title.

I've been easing my way back into crosswords this year (primarily with the New York Times crossword app, but also PuzzleNation's crossword app too, which I highly recommend as it features Penny Press and Dell crosswords) and the easy crosswords have helped me get back into the rhythm of it.

1/7/2016 10:17:11 AM

Dell Editorial Staff
Dell Editorial Staff
It's great to hear that Dell's easy crossword titles are to your liking. Whereas they're perfect for beginners or those looking to get back into crosswords, seasoned solvers also seem to enjoy them for some change-of-pace solving. We're also glad to get your recommendation, Josh, for our PuzzleNation crossword app! Needless to say, we're pleased with it as well. As always, thanks to all of you for your support.

1/8/2016 8:28:59 AM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
For a crossword solver like myself, the easy level books sometimes are enough to provide the relaxation that is needed after a long day.

1/18/2017 8:32:34 PM

Andrew McMason
Andrew McMason
+1 for the Dell and Penny Press Crosswords. Always a good thing knowing there are easy crosswords out there!

--
Crossword Solver

2/17/2017 10:10:20 AM

Frances
Frances
footdarts forsale wrote:
Announcing the subvention of Dart Ball by Bubble Soccer. Starting in November, Bubble Soccer Australia Guest in Sydney may add on a plan of Dart Ball to their booking. What is Dart Ball Simply put, inflatable Dart Ball (or Foot Darts) is a fresh take on the gamble of darts and one that integrates the soccer universal as well. You have a giant inflatable shoot accost and you will need to hurl a Velcro nerve at it. Your behalf will be based on where your ball will land. The behavior will await as in a orderly Pancratium of Darts, however the addition of football elements cause it appealing, laugh and electric. This new sport has impressed millions of nation all over the circle and it became a weighty devotion all over Europe, Australia and the US. The great deed about it is that anyone can play it, there is no age edge and you can test familiar to trifle with your wellwisher if you so require. It’s also a great sport if you dearth to disapprove your kicking accuracy, all while enjoying some age off and relaxation abreast your favorer. Playing Dart Ball is inexpensive but, most of all, it’s all near estate merriment. It’s a truly neat and exciting project to play and one that will bring in front an unusual worth all the tempo. With its serve you get to work out but you also have the skill to be a part of a modern surprising trend.

This post caused me appealing, laugh and electric. I wonder what part of the circle the poster is from. The great deed about it is that I do have a weighty devotion to enjoying some age off with puzzles. And trying to decipher accost the post did cause me to test familiar to trifle with my wellwisher. So it did bring me in front an unusual worth all the tempo. Even if I almost wanted to hurl a Velcro nerve. I'm sorry, but you just can't subvent this kind of stuff.

edited by Frances on 2/17/2017

2/19/2017 7:56:30 PM

Semipro
Semipro
Frances wrote:
This post caused me appealing, laugh and electric. . . .

I think a really bad translation program was involved, or else a "manual" attempt to translate with no knowledge of English, using a dictionary or thesaurus. Oddly, the result is mostly grammatical. It just has wrong words replacing the right ones.

2/19/2017 11:23:19 PM

Frances
Frances
Semipro wrote:

I think a really bad translation program was involved, or else a "manual" attempt to translate with no knowledge of English, using a dictionary or thesaurus. Oddly, the result is mostly grammatical. It just has wrong words replacing the right ones.

That's pretty much what I thought, too. Tempo for time, dearth for want, deed for thing, edge for limit----wrong synonyms chosen.

Home » Crossword Talk » Puzzle Lovers Easy Crosswords