Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Collector's Series Corner » Tanglewords vs. Letterboxes

Discuss your favorite Collector’s Series puzzle books and get solving help.
12/19/2015 2:56:46 PM

Josh
Josh
Hey Dell team,

I recently took advantage of your recent mailing to get the special value pack offer for Tanglewords and Letterboxes. My grandmother, who like me is a heavy Penny/Dell solver, has become a fan of the single-puzzle volumes after I gave her a few this summer, and now we'll both have some new volumes to enjoy for the winter.

But I was curious about one thing that hit me recently while reviewing the volumes. I noticed that Letterboxes volumes have two puzzles per page, while Tanglewords only have one. Given they're both similar puzzles, and in standard Dell full-size magazines you have no trouble fitting two per page, I'm curious to know why there's a discrepancy here? Given they're such similar puzzles, it's a bit odd that for the same price one has twice as many as the other, with ultimately the same page count and price.

The only thing I can think of is that you're aiming for a large print format, but yet it's not advertised that way.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Josh

1/7/2016 10:25:57 AM

Dell Editorial Staff
Dell Editorial Staff
Hi Josh...we will be looking into this in more detail. The thought behind having one puzzle on a page was to make it more visually appealing, but not as a true large-print format title.

Home » Collector's Series Corner » Tanglewords vs. Letterboxes