Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » Deceptively "easy" puzzles

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say, share your solutions, and get help.
|
2/19/2016 11:10:25 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
It's been a while since I've tried any of the free puzzles here but decided to print off one this morning from Dell called "States' Evidence" ( posted on Jan. 31). When I first looked at it, I thought, "Oh, this is really grade school level!" Yeah...

You're given a list of the names of twelve states with all of the letters missing except the O's. I only had about ten minutes of solving time and thought I could probably knock this puzzle out in five. As it turned out, I managed to fill in eight states immediately but couldn't come up with the other four. I ended up turning my page over and writing down the names of all fifty states. But I kept coming up three states short and for the life of me could not come up with their names. As a last resort, I Googled a map of the US and found the three I missed and went on to finish the puzzle. Yeesh. For an "easy" puzzle, this one took me a while to figure out!

(The three states I couldn't come up with were: Arkansas, Michigan and Massachusetts????? I can't believe I didn't think of Massachusetts. Of course, I didn't need these three to complete the puzzle, but it bothered me that I couldn't think of them on my own. I think I'd better give up word search puzzles indefinitely. LOL wink

Bernadette
edited by Bernadette1959 on 2/19/2016

|

Home » Variety Central » Deceptively "easy" puzzles