Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Logic Problem Exchange » Need answers to April 2006 logic puzzles 74 and 75

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
5/4/2016 9:26:14 PM

Iamdab
Iamdab
please help me

5/4/2016 11:23:16 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
You ask for help, but you don't explain how far you got, where you got stuck, and so on. Some of us don't get the particular magazine you refer to, so we don't know the intro and clues to #74 or #75 (but I'm guessing it's a set of puzzles where you have to work back and forth in order to come up with a solution).

Could you type the intros and clues and show how far you got on any part of it, and where you got stuck? Maybe someone can give you a hint in the right direction.

--
Amy

9/17/2017 10:17:14 PM

Emma
Emma
Do you mean the April 2006 Original Logic Problems? The two-parter about the Chicken Challenge? I have it. May I help?

--
"But I'm not as lonely as I thought I was going to be. I'm only crying with one eye."
- Eudora, Peanuts, June 21, 1978

9/18/2017 12:15:54 AM

Semipro
Semipro
Emma wrote:
Do you mean the April 2006 Original Logic Problems? The two-parter about the Chicken Challenge? I have it. May I help?
Emma, please be careful. The query shows several signs of coming from a student who wants someone else to do his or her class assignment. For example, it doesn't name the magazine, and it asks for "answers" instead of talking about the solution. People who solve puzzles for entertainment generally have the whole magazine, including the solutions section in the back. Students assigned a puzzle, however, know the date of issue but not the magazine title, because it isn't printed on the page they were given. Teachers who use published puzzles to challenge their students provide only the pages that the puzzles are on. The regulars here notice clues like what information is missing and, for ethical reasons, decline to dump the solution in a probable student's lap. Some of us will help with hints if we see that the kid is sincerely trying, but nothing more than that.
edited by Semipro on 9/18/2017

9/18/2017 10:45:07 PM

Emma
Emma
Can I ask how much of the puzzle they've solved so far? That's not cheating, right?

By the way, thank you for chiming in. smile
edited by thevitaphonequeen on 9/18/2017

--
"But I'm not as lonely as I thought I was going to be. I'm only crying with one eye."
- Eudora, Peanuts, June 21, 1978

9/19/2017 10:24:26 AM

Semipro
Semipro
Emma wrote:
Can I ask how much of the puzzle they've solved so far?

Yes, you can. Amy tried to start that kind of dialogue (Amy understands the situation), but lamdab never returned to continue it. They usually don't. That was in 2016, and I don't think we'lll hear from lamdab again.

Another tipoff, by the way, is that the new person refers to a magazine several years old.

Home » Logic Problem Exchange » Need answers to April 2006 logic puzzles 74 and 75