Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Sudoku Scene » Sudoku Spectacular Volume 3

Sudoku fans, share your solving strategies, talk about the types and levels of Sudoku you like best and get help.
|
5/31/2016 11:05:48 PM

Josh
Josh
Hey Dell editors,

Nice to see Sudoku Spectacular get a summer volume - hopefully this means the title (and the other premiums) are selling well enough to slowly grow them out in frequency! Starting to feel like 25 years ago when titles like Math Puzzles and Logic Problems would start out slow and build based on sales and interest.

A couple of notes about this particular edition:
  • The issues with the gray boxes seem to be resolved in this edition. In volume one some of the hand-crafted puzzles were barely solvable due to the faintness of the gray; volume two, the extreme sudoku grids were faint (although, given the very clear rules for that puzzle, less of an issue). The gray seems good throughout volume three.
  • I still wish we got a couple of more pages of Outside Sudoku and Isodoku and a couple of less of the more standard puzzles (I can't recall the former being published in any other titles, so if one had to be weighted over the other I'd vote for Outside Sudoku vs. the other variations). I would also not be against a bit more KenKen.
  • I appear to have had a bit of bad luck with this round of premiums. I had some printing issues with one copy of the Word Seek volume (separate post coming on that) but for both copies of Sudoku Spectacular Volume 3 I bought, the paper wasn't quite cut right, so the pages are still together in the middle. Clearly not the biggest issue as I can take a scissor to it, but a bit unexpected and unfortunate for a title costing $7.99. Both copies I bought were at Hudson News in Grand Central; I assume the copies there will all or mostly have the issue, but perhaps others won't.

Thanks for another volume so soon after Volume 2, and keep up the good work!

Josh

|

Home » Sudoku Scene » Sudoku Spectacular Volume 3