Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » How to create your own solvable logic puzzles?

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
|
7/21/2016 5:17:43 PM

club
club
Greetings,
I'm relatively new to this world, but addicted already. Bought a subscription to the logic puzzles magazine, plowed through one and working on my second issue now. Love the product.

My question is how would one go about crafting their own puzzles? For simplicity, let's say one that could be solved using a basic cross-hatch grid. How do you know which / how many clues to reveal to make the entire thing solvable? Aside from maybe trying to ignore you already know the solution and using trial-and-error to see if you can solve it again using the clues you came up with, are there like tips or rules of thumb to follow to ensure it will be solvable? So far, I've noticed most cross-hatch puzzles' clues reveal at least one given 1-to-1 relationship, which is obvious, because if the clues only gave you X's to mark down, you'd eventually reach a point where you could progress no further. But this still doesn't give me enough insight to know how to make a guaranteed-solvable puzzle. I'd love to be able to craft some using themes of my own choosing, to share with friends, etc. Thanks for any tips!

|

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » How to create your own solvable logic puzzles?