Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes (Dell) » Dell Word Search Puzzles, December 2016

Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes.
10/20/2016 8:05:11 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
I believe word search puzzle #72, "Lincoln Center", on page 77, has an entry missing from the grid.

The entry DAMROSCH PARK is listed as if both words are to be found in the grid, but PARK is not there. I've checked the solution and can't find it included there, either.

Bernadette

11/7/2016 10:12:09 PM

Frances
Frances
Bernadette1959 wrote:
I believe word search puzzle #72, "Lincoln Center", on page 77, has an entry missing from the grid.

The entry DAMROSCH PARK is listed as if both words are to be found in the grid, but PARK is not there. I've checked the solution and can't find it included there, either.

Bernadette

Looks like they just mistakenly put Park in all capitals. After 18 days, your post has either been missed, or wasn't thought to need a response. Or thanks. Whether it wasn't seen, or was in fact noted for correcting in future reprints, at least your post (like all reported errors and typos) can be helpful to other solvers.

11/8/2016 10:33:42 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Frances wrote:
...at least your post (like all reported errors and typos) can be helpful to other solvers.

Oh, that was the primary reason I posted about it. I must have spent twenty minutes going over that word search puzzle trying to find "park!"

I don't know whether PennyDell is just not really interested in this forum, or they don't have the manpower to check it very often, but I never hold my breath waiting for them to respond! LOL wink

11/8/2016 3:25:17 PM

Frances
Frances
Maybe we've been misinterpreting "let us know about possible mistakes", and "us" is actually . . . . us!

11/8/2016 4:06:58 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Funny! I do think, however, that "let us know..." means to let the editors know, even if they can't deal with it in a timely manner.

--
Amy

11/9/2016 7:45:45 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
"Maybe we've been misinterpreting "let us know about possible mistakes", and "us" is actually . . . . us!"

LOL!

"Funny! I do think, however, that "let us know..." means to let the editors know, even if they can't deal with it in a timely manner."

Yes, I guess if it was just a matter of answering a simple question but someone also has to take the time to go pull the issue in question and look up the error, etc. Still, even a canned response would be nice. Just something to acknowledge one's post.

This reminds me of a funny e-card I saw the other day that said, "Your complaint has been duly noted and summarily dismissed." Maybe PennyDell could just adopt a similar reply! LOL wink
edited by Bernadette1959 on 11/9/2016

Home » Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes (Dell) » Dell Word Search Puzzles, December 2016