Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Word Search & Fill-In Corner » Im a beggar/mooch, scroll if not intereste

Solvers helping solvers; get help.
11/4/2016 11:45:22 PM

Anna Booth
Anna Booth
I used to be pretty active here, but my chronic pain and depression have gotten worse and I am more or less bed-ridden now. My focus is terrible so I can't even handle variety puzzle books, login puzzles or most crosswords. The only puzzles I can really do since they are low stress and low frustration for me are fill-ins and word searches. I can handle variations of these even if they are tricky (like no starting word, or a tanglewords, etc.). Since I only work 3 months a year from home in an easy hob in my bedroom, we are fairly tight on money. I've spent so much (or had given to me) on variety puzzle books, login puzzles, the Giant Crossword books, the specialty books, etc. I have boxes upon boxes I can't do and a Barnes & Noble bag full of 12 brand new retail-prices off the shelf that I can't use.

I might have a couple of fill-in or word search puzzles left, but I'm running low. Without these, I just lay in bed and watch TV and think about my pain. Sometimes I'll play on social media on my phone for hours out of boredom, unless my chronic migraine is too bad and the screen is too bright for me to look at.

I don't want to be a mooch or anything, I know we all spend our heard earned money (but I also know there are people here who are so sweet)...but would any of you by any chance have any word search or fill in books available that are unused?

Thanks so much, screw my life, I hate being sick and hopefully one day they can fix it.

1/18/2017 8:29:02 PM

Andrew McMason
Andrew McMason
I hope you are doing fine these days! Please let me know if you still need any fill-in books. I might have a couple laying around

--
Crossword Solver

7/8/2017 2:17:47 PM

anagram
anagram
I can be of help as well! Kindly let me know just like Andrew mentioned earlier smile

--
JumbleSolver.com
FreeAnagramSolver.com

7/18/2017 1:58:11 PM

Jagsanders
Jagsanders
Anna Booth wrote:
I used to be pretty active here, but my chronic pain and depression have gotten worse and I am more or less bed-ridden now. My focus is terrible so I can't even handle variety puzzle books, login puzzles or most crosswords. The only puzzles I can really do since they are low stress and low frustration for me are fill-ins and word searches. I can handle variations of these even if they are tricky (like no starting word, or a tanglewords, etc.). Since I only work 3 months a year from home in an easy hob in my bedroom, we are fairly tight on money. I've spent so much (or had given to me) on variety puzzle books, login puzzles, the Giant Crossword books, the specialty books, etc. I have boxes upon boxes I can't do and a Barnes & Noble bag full of 12 brand new retail-prices off the shelf that I can't use.

I might have a couple of fill-in or word search puzzles left, but I'm running low. Without these, I just lay in bed and watch TV and think about my pain. Sometimes I'll play on social media on my phone for hours out of boredom, unless my chronic migraine is too bad and the screen is too bright for me to look at.

I don't want to be a mooch or anything, I know we all spend our heard earned money (but I also know there are people here who are so sweet)...but would any of you by any chance have any word search or fill in books available that are unused?

Thanks so much, screw my life, I hate being sick and hopefully one day they can fix it.

7/18/2017 1:58:46 PM

Jagsanders
Jagsanders
I also have books I can share. Email me the necessary information.

7/18/2017 3:27:44 PM

Frances
Frances
Sadly, Anna Booth passed away on January 30, 2017 at the age of 29.

7/18/2017 4:57:01 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Frances, this just makes me feel sick. How terrible! Anna was six months younger than my daughter. I feel like crying.

7/18/2017 5:15:11 PM

Frances
Frances
Bernadette1959 wrote:
Frances, this just makes me feel sick. How terrible! Anna was six months younger than my daughter. I feel like crying.

I know, it's a shame. After anagram and Jagsanders offered to send her puzzles, it reminded me of her again. I thought I'd do some checking to see how she'd been doing. When there had been no activity on a couple of her social media accounts since January, I had a bad feeling. That's when I located her obituary.

We know she'd been having a hard time of it for a few years----I sent her puzzles a couple of times. Really sad . . .

7/18/2017 5:42:21 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Well, I sent her a Christmas card several years ago but nothing else since then. upset

Sometimes posters come and go and we don't know if something has happened to them or they just got busy or lost interest in returning here.

Thank you for posting about her death to let us know.

7/19/2017 5:14:09 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
I, too, am sorry to hear of Anna's death. I had sent her some logic magazines one time. So now we've heard of 2 deaths in a few years: a certain "guest" known as TDH1 or TDHO, and now Anna Booth.

I think Anna had Bipolar disease. I had had a friend with that same disease, and my friend lived with it from the age of 16 until the age of 53. I didn't know of it until I'd written her the usual annual birthday card on what would have been her 54th birthday. (This goes back to the late 20th century.)
edited by Amy-in-PA on 7/19/2017

--
Amy

Home » Word Search & Fill-In Corner » Im a beggar/mooch, scroll if not intereste