Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Word Seek Corner » Heads and Tails (grrrr)

Solvers helping solvers.
12/1/2016 10:08:10 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
PennyDell, I wish you would consider making the Heads and Tails puzzles found in your Pennypress publications more like the Tail Tags found in your Dell publications. The "false starts" in Heads and Tails often make the puzzle a bit too difficult, in my opinion. I don't mind looking ahead a couple of words, but when I have to make sure the next three words in the path are correct, I think that's a bit much. It seems These Heads and Tails puzzles are becoming more and more difficult. There's a lot to be said for just effortlessly following a given word path. smile

Thank you!

Bernadette
edited by Bernadette1959 on 12/1/2016

12/1/2016 4:03:15 PM

Frances
Frances
Bernadette1959 wrote:
PennyDell, I wish you would consider making the Heads and Tails puzzles found in your Pennypress publications more like the Tail Tags found in your Dell publications. The "false starts" in Heads and Tails often make the puzzle a bit too difficult, in my opinion. I don't mind looking ahead a couple of words, but when I have to make sure the next three words in the path are correct, I think that's a bit much. It seems These Heads and Tails puzzles are becoming more and more difficult. There's a lot to be said for just effortless following a given word path. smile

Thank you!

Bernadette

Here are my preferences for Heads and Tails:

I don't mind the false paths, but going on for only one word, not 2, 3, or even 4 words until I'm stopped. And certainly not false paths off of false ones. I'd rather just have one wrong way at any particular juncture, not 2 or more in various directions. Too many or too long false paths make this more of a maze, and considering you can't see future paths, too confusing of one for me.

But I wonder if that way is more popular or not. I'd be interested in hearing from other word seek fans on this puzzle. False paths, or none at all like Dell's Tail Tags? If you want false paths, how extensive?

12/1/2016 6:12:10 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Yes, Frances, I guess there may be plenty of solvers who prefer the added difficulty of false paths off of false paths (you stated that much better than I did) but I'm just not one of them. I'm also getting to be a very lazy solver here lately, which doesn't help matters. LOL :/
edited by Bernadette1959 on 12/1/2016

Home » Word Seek Corner » Heads and Tails (grrrr)