Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » How many Variety puzzles books are there?

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say, share your solutions, and get help.
2/9/2017 6:08:06 PM

dolphinsneu
dolphinsneu
I have Classic Variety puzzles plus crosswords.

I have Merit Variety Puzzles and games.

How many others are there?

2/9/2017 6:34:08 PM

Frances
Frances
Also from Penny Press:

Approved Variety
Easy & Fun Variety
Family Variety
Family Variety Plus Crosswords
Favorite Variety
Good Time Variety
Master's Variety
Tournament Variety
Variety Puzzles & Games
Variety Puzzles & Games Special
World's Finest Variety

From Dell:

Dell Official Variety Favorites
Dell Official Variety Puzzles
Solver's Choice Variety
Solver's Choice Crosswords & Variety

The product map shows Penny/Dell publications:

https://www.pennydellpuzzles.com/whats_new/detail09.aspx
edited by Frances on 2/9/2017

2/10/2017 9:15:08 AM

Josh
Josh
Although a bit more specialty, I'd say Dell's Math & Logic Problems is diverse enough to make the list - not focused on a single puzzle type.

2/10/2017 10:47:14 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Josh wrote:
Although a bit more specialty, I'd say Dell's Math & Logic Problems is diverse enough to make the list - not focused on a single puzzle type.

Well, Josh, I think those mags have only two types: math, and logic. (I forget if they have Sudoku as well.)

--
Amy

2/13/2017 11:06:59 PM

Josh
Josh
Amy Lowenstein wrote:
Josh wrote:

Well, Josh, I think those mags have only two types: math, and logic. (I forget if they have Sudoku as well.)

While true that the puzzles fall into logic and math, the variety within them is way more than a single-type magazine like Logic Problems, or Sudoku. There's Cross Sums, Sudoku (and some Sudoku variations), Ken-Ken, Figure Logics, Logic Problems, Trigons, Collectibles, Sum Logic... a lot of the Dell stalwarts in that vein. While the magazine does focus on three core puzzles that make up a significant percentage of the issue (Cross Sums, Figure Logics and Logic Problems), the variety of remaining puzzles makes it feel closer to a variety magazine in my mind. But it's certainly not as diverse as the other, standard variety puzzle magazines.

2/14/2017 7:03:40 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
Sounds like a variety mag to me.

Josh wrote:
Amy Lowenstein wrote:
Josh wrote:

While true that the puzzles fall into logic and math, the variety within them is way more than a single-type magazine like Logic Problems, or Sudoku. There's Cross Sums, Sudoku (and some Sudoku variations), Ken-Ken, Figure Logics, Logic Problems, Trigons, Collectibles, Sum Logic... a lot of the Dell stalwarts in that vein. While the magazine does focus on three core puzzles that make up a significant percentage of the issue (Cross Sums, Figure Logics and Logic Problems), the variety of remaining puzzles makes it feel closer to a variety magazine in my mind. But it's certainly not as diverse as the other, standard variety puzzle magazines.

2/14/2017 7:11:05 PM

Indiana Puzzler
Indiana Puzzler
Keep posting Josh - I enjoy reading your posts as the puzzles you're passionate about are not the ones I regularly solve - but I appreciate a person who is passionate about their pursuits.

How's the city treating you? I saw that there was a foot of snow last week?

Do you listen to WFAN? I stream it through my phone into my car and it makes my drive home pleasurable. I will miss Mike F.

Chris

Home » Variety Central » How many Variety puzzles books are there?