Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » Small Change

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say/share your solutions.
6/15/2017 11:06:23 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
I'm hoping PennyDell won't mind, but I wanted to share a nifty little puzzle I came across in the August 2017 issue of Good Time Variety Puzzles. I've not seen this little puzzle before, but then I normally don't buy this title. I happened to have a gift card I wanted to use up the other day and decided to purchase it.

It's an easy puzzle, similar to some others PD publishes. I probably don't even need to come back and post the solution, but I will do so next week just in case it's needed! smile

Small Change

The answers to the clues are 5-letter words. Each answer contains four of the five letters of the preceding word, and the letters are not rearranged. For example, the answers to consecutive clues could be STONE, STOVE, SHOVE and SHAVE. The first and last entries are related words.

1. Different
2. River mammal
3. Western film
4. By and by
5. Tier
6. Speaker
7. More bashful
8. Transparent
9. Gladden
10. Face part

6/15/2017 2:43:11 PM

Frances
Frances
Bernadette1959 wrote:
I'm hoping PennyDell won't mind, but I wanted to share a nifty little puzzle I came across in the August 2017 issue of Good Time Variety Puzzles. I've not seen this little puzzle before, but then I normally don't buy this title. I happened to have a gift card I wanted to use up the other day and decided to purchase it.

It's an easy puzzle, similar to some others PD publishes. I probably don't even need to come back and post the solution, but I will do so next week just in case it's needed! smile

Small Change

The answers to the clues are 5-letter words. Each answer contains four of the five letters of the preceding word, and the letters are not rearranged. For example, the answers to consecutive clues could be STONE, STOVE, SHOVE and SHAVE. The first and last entries are related words.

1. Different
2. River mammal
3. Western film
4. By and by
5. Tier
6. Speaker
7. More bashful
8. Transparent
9. Gladden
10. Face part

While we like to see our favorites in the variety magazines, it's nice to find a few surprises like this among the regulars. I usually can't solve anything in my head, but I did get all the way through this puzzle without having to get a pencil. smile I enjoyed solving it----thanks for sharing!

6/15/2017 6:11:53 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
You're welcome, Frances! I'm glad you enjoyed it! smile

Home » Variety Central » Small Change