Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Your Opinion » Family Favorites Variety Puzzles #59

Give us your feedback about our new forum.
6/29/2017 5:37:11 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
PennyDell, I wanted to bring something to your attention in case there is anything you can do about it.

Your latest edition of "Family Favorites Variety Puzzles", #59, is available for sale right now in stores ( I don't see it for sale here on the website yet.) I occasionally like to buy these larger volumes but I picked this one up today and leafed through it and the print is really small. I wear reading glasses and even with my reading glasses it was very small. As far as I could tell, the print is like this throughout the entire volume.

I don't know if all of the volumes you plan to sell are printed at one time or whether you have several printings depending upon sales, but I wanted to point this out to you in case the print size could be corrected in the future. I declined to buy the volume as I didn't think I would enjoy solving with such small print.

Thank you for your time!

Bernadette

7/3/2017 1:29:32 PM

Frances
Frances
Bernadette1959 wrote:
PennyDell, I wanted to bring something to your attention in case there is anything you can do about it.

Your latest edition of "Family Favorites Variety Puzzles", #59, is available for sale right now in stores ( I don't see it for sale here on the website yet.) I occasionally like to buy these larger volumes but I picked this one up today and leafed through it and the print is really small. I wear reading glasses and even with my reading glasses it was very small. As far as I could tell, the print is like this throughout the entire volume.

I don't know if all of the volumes you plan to sell are printed at one time or whether you have several printings depending upon sales, but I wanted to point this out to you in case the print size could be corrected in the future. I declined to buy the volume as I didn't think I would enjoy solving with such small print.

Thank you for your time!

Bernadette

I saw this puzzle book in the store today----and there's some pretty small print in there. While most of these are reprints from the 1980's or earlier when the type was a lot smaller, I don't remember it being that small. It's probably easier and cheaper just to use an old puzzle as is, rather than do it over. I believe the pages in some magazines were a bit bigger back then, too, and reducing the size of the page would compound it. To my eye the print is simply too small.

7/3/2017 7:54:45 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Thank you for posting, Frances! I'm glad to know it wasn't just my eyes! smile

Yes, I guess it's much more cost-effective to just print those older puzzles as is, though, in addition to the print being smaller, it does look somewhat primitive to see sample answers written in by hand rather than typed.

The Family Favorites for Spring 2017 was just fine, so maybe PD takes it by turns using older puzzles and then more recent ones. Hopefully the next volume will be a bit easier to read! smile

Home » Your Opinion » Family Favorites Variety Puzzles #59