Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General Discussion » Shipping

General Discussion.
7/18/2017 4:05:52 PM

nelapurrz
nelapurrz
Hi, I am a bit overwhelmed with shipping costs and find it difficult to get online info. I found an older mailer I received from PDP with a special offer of 1.00 s&h, and now I can't help but feel a bit resentful that it costs so much to receive these. I know the prices of value packs, etc, is better than buying in the store, but I have no store anywhere near where I live to buy these from so must rely on what's available online. I have bought packs from PDP in the past, but I did the first time because I got some kind of deal on shipping. The second time, IIRC, I was put off by the charges. I've wanted to buy from PDP since then, and it's been years, but I haven't because the s&h ends up being so much, like $20 - $30. There is no point to buying these online if the mail cost is so high. I end up using online free puzzle services, but I miss the magazines.

I read an old forum post saying that you had to contact customer service to get prices correct, but that is a pain considering that the website should be easier to use than that. Also, I don't want to give my CC info to a person, which I had to do the last I ordered, iirc.

How have the rest of you dealt with this? If this was going to be a one time purchase, it'd probably be okay, but I'd like to get these on a regular basis.

Thanks for any advice.

7/19/2017 5:10:46 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Somehow I don't remember having to pay $20 or $30 for the shipping on any of the magazines that I've ordered. My records indicate that my recent subscription to 6 issues of Dell Logic, cost me $19.97. Whatever the shipping and handling is, it's part of that $19.97 cost.

Before that, I had ordered 2 volumes of Logic Problems Spectacular, for $8.99 each plus $3 shipping and handling (total was $20.98).

Before that, Colossal Logic, Volume 1, was $13.50 (I don't know how much of that was shipping; the total was $13.50).

Before that, England's Best was $6-some-odd (I don't know if any of it was shipping).

--
Amy

Home » General Discussion » Shipping