Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes (PP) » Good Time Variety Puzzles June 2017

Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes.
7/27/2017 10:31:45 AM

ableannie
ableannie
What's Left? 1 on page 11 - first word FASHION - clue 4 says to cross of all words with 3 consecutive vowels - A, I, O - should be crossed off but solution shows it as first word. Also no clue that crosses off GAIETY, MOOED or LIEU; they all have 3 vowels but are not consecutive.

7/27/2017 11:08:01 AM

Semipro
Semipro
In FASHION, the A-I-O sequence is interrupted by SH, so the three vowels are not consecutive. The three other words do have three consecutive vowels.

7/27/2017 11:17:16 AM

ableannie
ableannie
Semipro wrote:
In FASHION, the A-I-O sequence is interrupted by SH, so the three vowels are not consecutive. The three other words do have three consecutive vowels.

The example given is "Cross off all words that contain three consecutive vowels (A, E, I, O, or U), such as VIRTUOUS" - it is unclear that it is referencing I, O, U (consecutive to AEIOU) versus U, O, U which is random consecutive vowels. Could have been a clearer clue, by adding the word any - "Cross off all words that contain any three..."

7/27/2017 7:40:57 PM

Semipro
Semipro
"Consecutive" means adjacent. It doesn't mean "in the conventional order," although I see how it might be interpreted that way. If you also do Simon Says puzzles, you'll find "consecutive" used with the same meaning that it has in this What's Left?

Home » Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes (PP) » Good Time Variety Puzzles June 2017