Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » Trigons Super challenger?

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
7/27/2017 5:48:49 PM

wa4lrm
wa4lrm
The Dell Math & Logic Problems July 2017 issue is the worst Trigons puzzle I ever came across. I only got started with 0 and 18 and the 0 has three 7's are the only ones I could started. The three 7's only can eliminate zeros on 7 column. Rest of this puzzle I had spent one hour with multiples of assumptions. This leaves no choice except multiple of guessing. I think Lester Jordan design this one as super challenger. Has anyone solve this without cheating or guess any one correctly?

7/29/2017 11:54:45 PM

Josh
Josh
wa4lrm wrote:
The Dell Math & Logic Problems July 2017 issue is the worst Trigons puzzle I ever came across. I only got started with 0 and 18 and the 0 has three 7's are the only ones I could started. The three 7's only can eliminate zeros on 7 column. Rest of this puzzle I had spent one hour with multiples of assumptions. This leaves no choice except multiple of guessing. I think Lester Jordan design this one as super challenger. Has anyone solve this without cheating or guess any one correctly?

Hi there! I was able to solve this without a ton of difficulty, but it does have less obvious helps than normal. Here's one example of a less obvious one that I worked through to get a breakthrough:

There's a 3 on the left side of the grid near the middle angle that's surrounded by a 12, 12 and 13. You know the 13 can't have a 0, and you know both 12's can't have a 0, so 0,0,3 is out. You also can't have two 12's with a 1, so 1, 1, 1 is out. So you know that 3 has to be the 0,1,2 3.

The 9 surrounded by the 14, 15 and 15, can be determined exactly, and can help narrow down where the 14s go, etc.

Hope this helps!

Josh

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » Trigons Super challenger?