Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes (Dell) » Possible mistake in Dinosaur Decorations

Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes.
8/18/2017 11:29:57 AM

kward1906
kward1906
The possible error is in Dinosaur Decorations, appearing in the October 2017 issue of Logic Problems.

Clue 4 says the position number of the allosaurus is one higher than that of the drawing of the brachiosaurus. I, like the solution, have the allosaurus in position 6. I, however, have the brachiosaurus in position 7, whereas the book has it in position 5. Isn't the number 6 one higher than 7? And if they are talking about the actual position in the picture, which I don't think it is, then 6 is in the lowest position on the refrigerator and not one higher than anything. If I am correct the puzzle is unsolvable as there is no way to distinguish between the positions of the tyrannosaurus and the diplodocus.

8/18/2017 1:07:54 PM

kward1906
kward1906
I see my mistake. I'm very embarrassed.

8/18/2017 1:29:06 PM

Frances
Frances
kward1906 wrote:
I see my mistake. I'm very embarrassed.

It's okay, kward1906. Mistakes are part of solving and happen to all of us solvers. Me, a lot. That's why I'll never be able to solve puzzles with a pen. smile Welcome to the forum!

Home » Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes (Dell) » Possible mistake in Dinosaur Decorations