Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Logic Problem Exchange » Art, stories, etc. inspired by logic puzzles

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
9/17/2017 10:11:18 PM

Emma
Emma
Any of y'all ever do art, stories, etc. based on logic puzzles?

I do. I might be the only one...

For example, anyone remember "Family Bonding" from the Spring 2004 World-Class Logic Problems (reprinted in the April 2008 Original Logic Problems)? I drew a picture of the James-Bond-loving family from Family Bonding. Check it out here: https://imgur.com/yo54v88

Left to right:
Katie, who loves MI6 director M.
Seth, who loves gadgets expert Q.
Zoe, who loves Bond himself. (RIP Roger Moore!!! upset)
Jake, who loves Miss Moneypenny the secretary.
Brandy, who loves the villain Jaws. (I wonder if she's jealous of Dolly...)
Adam, who loves CIA agent Felix Leiter. (America! Yeah!)

I'm Autistic, so...

Edit: Regarding the "Nyarlathotep-Kisses" watermark...that is my deviantART username. smile I don't want any of you thinking I'm stealing art. I'd never do that! Big Grin
edited by thevitaphonequeen on 9/20/2017

--
"But I'm not as lonely as I thought I was going to be. I'm only crying with one eye."
- Eudora, Peanuts, June 21, 1978

9/21/2017 12:07:07 AM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Hi Emma, welcome to the forum! It's always nice to meet a fellow logic puzzle fan. Thanks for sharing your picture, it's very good! I can't draw at all, but admire those who can. The closest I can come to creating a picture is by solving Logic Art puzzles, which are one of my favorites! smile

9/21/2017 7:58:32 AM

Emma
Emma
Purple Pisces wrote:
Hi Emma, welcome to the forum! It's always nice to meet a fellow logic puzzle fan. Thanks for sharing your picture, it's very good! I can't draw at all, but admire those who can. The closest I can come to creating a picture is by solving Logic Art puzzles, which are one of my favorites! smile

Yay!

--
"But I'm not as lonely as I thought I was going to be. I'm only crying with one eye."

9/21/2017 4:11:10 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Purple Pisces wrote:

Hi Ally!

It certainly is nice to see you again! I hope you're doing well! smile

Bernadette

9/21/2017 4:12:07 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Hello Emma,

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your visits here! smile

Bernadette

9/22/2017 5:51:08 AM

Emma
Emma
Not quite art OR a story, but I play The Sims a lot (2, 3, and 4), and sometimes I make families inspired by logic puzzles. For example, I did families for all eight of the characters from "High-School Awards" from (I believe it was) the May 2008 Dell Logic Puzzles. I even had them build their respective skills. (For example, Ethan Taylor, who won an award for mathematics, maxed out his logic skill.)

--

9/22/2017 10:18:16 AM

Emma
Emma
I am writing a novel inspired by "Waiting for Disney World" (written by the oh-so-talented Heather J. Socie) from the August 2015 Logic Lover's Logic Problems. Because that puzzle is soooo beautiful. Thank you, Heather!
(Can I link to a copy of "Waiting for Disney World" that's on my imgur account? Or should I not bother? I'm neutral...)
edited by thevitaphonequeen on 9/22/2017

--

9/22/2017 12:11:42 PM

Frances
Frances
Emma wrote:

Can I link to a copy of "Waiting for Disney World" that's on my imgur account?

Hi Emma,

Please go ahead and post the link. You sound so creative!

Frances.
edited by Frances on 9/22/2017

9/23/2017 3:02:05 AM

Emma
Emma
The puzzle: https://imgur.com/G3uXoIP
The solution: https://imgur.com/5jj1rXa

Again, I do not own this - it belongs to Heather. smile

On an off-topic note, I have a DISboards account. (If you don't know, DISboards is a chat board about Disney trip planning and such.) My DISboards username is The Vitaphone Queen.

(I hate to play Captain Obvious here, but I ADORE Warner Bros. and First National's legendary sound-on-disc system...I remember getting all dressed up to watch the 80th Anniversary Salute to Vitaphone on TCM in 2006, when I was eleven.)
edited by thevitaphonequeen on 9/23/2017

--

9/23/2017 3:08:09 AM

Emma
Emma
By the way, I am headed to WDW this Thanksgiving. (Port Orleans Riverside.)

--

9/25/2017 7:36:15 AM

Emma
Emma
Here's my drawing of the Colwyn kids.
https://imgur.com/NJHpi0M
edited by thevitaphonequeen on 9/25/2017

--

Home » Logic Problem Exchange » Art, stories, etc. inspired by logic puzzles