Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes (Dell) » Dell Logic Problems December of 2017

Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes.
9/19/2017 8:58:58 PM

overtones
overtones
I'm doing the logic puzzle called Dive Right In by Jayne M Golden

I cannot for the life me figure out how I'm supposed to know that Hugh went to the pool on Friday and Jimmy on Saturday. What indicates that it wasn't Wednesday and Friday? or Money and Wednesday? or even Monday and Saturday? All the clues say for certain is that Hugh went before Jimmy, not how many days or anything specific. What am I missing?

9/20/2017 10:16:21 AM

LogicEditor
LogicEditor
Thanks for the post. We took another look at "Dive Right In." Clue 1 states: "Hugh came to the pool the day before Jimmy" [emphasis added]. The days are Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Thus, Hugh couldn't have come on Monday, as no one came on Tuesday, Wednesday, as no one came on Thursday, or Saturday, as no one came on Sunday. So, Hugh must have come on Friday, and Jimmy on Saturday. Hope that helps!

9/21/2017 12:38:18 PM

overtones
overtones
You're right, I read it like 20 times and for some reason never caught it was day before. I just saw it as before. Sorry about that. I feel dumb now.

Home » Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes (Dell) » Dell Logic Problems December of 2017