Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes (Dell) » Official Variety/July '17/Out + Around Not Unique

Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes.
9/21/2017 7:20:36 AM

RoarkSG
RoarkSG
I don't believe this puzzle (page 103) has a unique solution.

1. My main issue is with cell 14. The only clues that affect cell 14 are A) Outward 6-14: Consecutive digits in some order, and B) Clockwise 13-15: The third digit is divisible by the first digit (which doesn't even affect 14). Even if cell 6 is a "2" (the answer provided - I believe that 6 can be either 2 or 5 - see below), that leaves cell 14 to be either a "3" (answer provided) or a "1"

2. Regarding cell 6, I was able to determine that cell 5 is a "4", and cell 7 is a "3". but since the clue for Clockwise 5-7 is "Consecutive digits in some order", this means Cell 6 can either be a "2" or a "5".

Please let me know if I missed any clue or rule pertaining to this puzzle. Thanks.

10/5/2017 5:18:15 PM

Dell Editorial Staff
Dell Editorial Staff
RoarkSG, you're absolutely correct that Out and Around does not have a unique solution: There’s simply not enough information available to solve Outward clue 6-14.

Although we try to keep mistakes to a minimum, they do happen now and then. We appreciate your bringing this to our attention and we apologize for any frustration our oversight may have caused.

10/7/2017 12:40:40 AM

RoarkSG
RoarkSG
Thanks for taking a look at this - I really appreciate it. Totally understand that things can slip through the cracks - no big deal - keep up the great work!

Home » Let Us Know About Possible Mistakes (Dell) » Official Variety/July '17/Out + Around Not Unique