Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » Places, Please

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say, share your solutions, and get help.
11/19/2017 11:01:47 AM

floridagirl7264
floridagirl7264
I'm pretty good at strategy with the puzzles like letterboxes, frameworks, fill ins, etc. But I cannot figure out places, please. I cannot come up with the strategy to approach these puzzles. Does anybody have any hints they can give me?

11/19/2017 4:42:00 PM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Hi Floridagirl!

When I solve Places, Please the first thing I do is fill in the starting letter for each group of words in it's designated numbered square. Then I look to see if any grouping has eight words in it. If so, then I know that there will be a word placed outwardly in every direction from that starting letter- and depending on the position of the rest of the starting letters in the grid, I might be able to go ahead and fill in a word or two for this particular letter. Then I look at my groups of words to see if any of those that contain FIVE words might have their starting position in either the two top or bottom rows or the two side rows. Letters placed along here can only have five words coming from them, so I might be able to fill in a word or two with these as well. (Starting letters in the corners of these rows can only have three words, so I check my groupings for three entries as well.)

Then it's just really a matter of seeing where I can fit the rest of the words in. I generally try to fit in longer words first.

I'm not sure if my post will be of much help, but good luck and welcome to the forum! smile

Bernadette
edited by Bernadette1959 on 11/19/2017

11/19/2017 4:48:39 PM

floridagirl7264
floridagirl7264
Thanks Bernadette. I'll give your your strategy a try because mine doesn't get me very far and has me looking like this Shock

11/20/2017 8:48:29 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
LOL! You're welcome!! smile

Home » Variety Central » Places, Please