Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » Word Link & Bingo

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say, share your solutions, and get help.
5/3/2009 2:46:56 PM

Klahrine
Klahrine
I have found that two of my favorite puzzles are Word Link and Bingo. Not the Bingo with the words, but the Bingo with the numbers. You have to find the winning combination by following the instructions to eliminate numbers. Unfortunately these two specific puzzles are in very few books. I have purchased 8 magazines from Penny and Dell in the past couple months and only one by Dell had the Word Links (2 of them) and only a couple had the Bingo. I would love to see more of these!!! More Picture Mazes would be great too! Would it be possible to find out what issues have these puzzles so I an purchase them?

5/6/2009 12:02:18 PM

Dell Editorial Staff
Dell Editorial Staff
Thank you for posting. Bingo Plays appears in every issue of Dell Official Variety Puzzles, Official All-Time Favorite Variety Puzzles and Solver's Choice Easy Fast 'n' Fun Variety Puzzles. The second and third titles also feature one and two Picture Mazes, respectively, in each issue. Meanwhile, Word Links can be found in most of our variety and crossword/variety titles on a rotating basis. If you are interested in more information or would like to subscribe to any of these magazines, you can call our Customer Service Department at 800-220-7443 or order through our website. Thanks again for your message and happy solving.

3/30/2012 12:00:34 AM

lriz1959
lriz1959
We Bingo Plays fans know that every issue of Dell Official Variety Puzzles carries usually two of these puzzles. What we want to know, Dell Editorial Staff, is why is is so hard to find more? Why can't there be 6 or 8 (or more!) like Solicross? I'm not a particular fan of Word Link, but do like them. What Klahrine and I want more of, there is never more of. Why not a special issue of puzzles that only appear on a couple pages of the magazine? No crosswords or other common ones, which we like? But an issue with hard to find puzzles?? And if you take my suggestion.... feel free to send me a complimentary issue!

6/26/2012 12:50:34 PM

dolphingram
dolphingram
I'm new here but I have a problem with the bingo puzzles. I have never ended up with only one number left in each square or never duplications in rows in any direction. I need help, what am I doing wrong?
Vicky

6/26/2012 11:43:55 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Gee, this sounds like my two year complaint about there only being two Word Games Puzzles in each issue. I feel your pain but don't hold your breath! CC

6/27/2012 10:05:29 PM

Frances
Frances
Hi Vicky,
Sounds like me. I've never gotten a Bingo Play after the first run though of the clues. I go through all the clues twice if I have to. Here's what I do, also, to help me solve. I make little tick marks on each part of a clue to show I've crossed off all of a particular number in all the rows, columns and squares as listed in the clue. Sometimes I forget that no number is repeated in a column. So, if I've circled a number (say, 15) in a square after eliminating all the other numbers in that square I try to remember to immediately cross off all the other 15's. Occasionally, I have to do a little deduction. For example, if all is done but 3 undecided squares: AO is 61, 63 or 65; YO is 63 or 67; and SO is 65 or 67. And the clues say neither 7 nor 9 is in the winning combination. Then YO is 63, SO is 65, and AO is 61. Hope this helps. Frances.
edited by Frances on 6/27/2012

6/28/2012 3:33:16 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
I am new to Bingo Play and have also come up missing a clue somewhere. Like Frances described, I'll go through each clue one by one marking them off as I've completed them. There are so many facets to the puzzle, that for me, it would be impossible to solve without keeping track of which clues I've gone through.
edited by Purple Pisces on 6/28/2012

12/4/2013 9:25:23 AM

thedi
thedi
I am brand new to the Bingo Play puzzle. I am having a horrible time trying to get started. I need help on exactly how to work through the puzzles. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/27/2017 3:21:04 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Just noticed this post now, Frances. I wouldn't say that YO must be 63 and SO must be 65. One of them COULD be 67, and then you can cross off the "O" column and whatever row has the 67 in it, as "not in the winning combination." In other words, the 67 wouldn't be part of the winning combo -- but that doesn't mean there isn't a 67 somewhere on the card!

--
Amy

8/29/2017 7:42:24 PM

Frances
Frances
Amy Lowenstein wrote:
Just noticed this post now, Frances. I wouldn't say that YO must be 63 and SO must be 65. One of them COULD be 67, and then you can cross off the "O" column and whatever row has the 67 in it, as "not in the winning combination." In other words, the 67 wouldn't be part of the winning combo -- but that doesn't mean there isn't a 67 somewhere on the card!

I was wrong there. If a square has multiple numbers remaining (instead of just one) after all the clues have been followed, then the clues need to be re-read until it's determined how the extra numbers should be eliminated.

Thus, once only one number is in each square, my hint on how to find the winning combination when multiple numbers remain in a square or squares is pointless.

The hint could work, though, if some numbers were mistakenly not marked off, and the winning combination might be found without going over all the clues again. Hope this hasn't made things too confusing.
edited by Frances on 8/30/2017

10/16/2017 7:09:31 AM

mikebluek@hotmail.com
mikebluek@hotmail.com
please let me know how to buy the bools

10/16/2017 7:14:06 AM

mikebluek@hotmail.com
mikebluek@hotmail.com
copies of the latest varieity

Home » Variety Central » Word Link & Bingo