Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » Collectibles

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say, share your solutions, and get help.
5/6/2018 11:29:45 PM

vstuart6
vstuart6
Does anyone remember the puzzle called "Collectibles"? It was always my favorite and I have been searching for it to pop up in the puzzle mags for years (to no avail). Recently I was going through some old boxes and found an old puzzle mag, there were two of these puzzles in a 2010 magazine (probably the reason I snatched it up), prior to that, going way back, it used to be a common puzzle. It's a logic problem of sorts with a "curio" cabinet to place the answers / collectibles within. I would so adore if you would bring that puzzle back. If anyone remembers this puzzle and agrees, please let me know. Thanks!

5/7/2018 5:48:50 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Hi vstuart,

Yes! I certainly do remember Collectibles and didn’t even realize until reading your post that I’ve not seen it in a long, long time.

I wonder why PennyDell has stopped including it in their publications?

Bernadette

5/7/2018 3:28:30 PM

Frances
Frances
I'm familiar with Collectibles, too. It's a fun puzzle! Have you checked the Dell Math & Logic Problems magazine? A couple of years ago it was mentioned that it would be a regular feature there.

5/7/2018 3:46:51 PM

vstuart6
vstuart6
I don't think I would have thought of it being moved over to the Math & Logic Problems mag, I didn't think of checking there but now I will, I'd be so pleased if it were so! Thank you!

5/17/2018 9:45:38 PM

vstuart6
vstuart6
I want to thank you Frances, I ordered a Math & Logic Problems puzzle pack and was thrilled to find that indeed, Collectibles is in the magazine! I'll be busy for a bit, so exciting! Your help was much appreciated!!!

5/17/2018 10:28:17 PM

Frances
Frances
vstuart6 wrote:
I want to thank you Frances, I ordered a Math & Logic Problems puzzle pack and was thrilled to find that indeed, Collectibles is in the magazine! I'll be busy for a bit, so exciting! Your help was much appreciated!!!

That's great, vstuart6! I'm glad you've found a source for one of your favorites. Happy puzzling!

5/19/2018 9:21:23 AM

Bernadette1959
Bernadette1959
Vstuart and Frances,

I was in my local Books-A-Million yesterday and noticed that the current Dell variety titles all seem to have a Collectibles puzzle included.

I've been purchasing mostly PennyPress titles for the past year and received a gift card for Mother's Day which I'd planned to spend on acquiring some Dell variety issues, but unfortunately, the most recent titles all have the flimsy binding where the magazine feels like it's going to come apart. I left the store without buying anything.

Someone from PennyDell posted on my "binding" thread that this issue was most likely a fluke, but it seems that all of the newer magazines are being produced in this manner. I think it's a shame. :/

Bernadette

5/20/2018 7:31:24 PM

Josh
Josh
vstuart6 wrote:

Hi vstuart6,

Official Variety Puzzles consistently has one as well. It's in their "standard" set which constitutes every issue frequency. The bigger publications, like Solvers Choice Variety Puzzles and Official Variety Favorites, generally have one too. Other than a year or so where they left it out of the rotation, Math & Logic Problems has had it for ages as well.

Hope this helps!

Home » Variety Central » Collectibles