Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Sudoku Scene » Dell's Letter Place/Number Place is Sudoku today

Sudoku fans, share your solving strategies, talk about the types and levels of Sudoku you like best and get help.
8/23/2009 6:51:26 PM

Zeaux
Zeaux
Can't you sue or something? My all-time favorite puzzles were 5x5x5 Letter Place puzzles by Walter Mackey, that were occasionally in the Dell Variety Puzzle Spectaculars. My next favorites were Alphacodes and Jumbo Cross Sums. Still have those? In the mid/late 1990s, I bought every single non-crossword puzzle magazine available every month, so I have hundreds and hundreds of mags - that've been sitting in my closet untouched for the last 10 years cuz I've been on the internet. Like Dell's Champion Variety Puzzles always had a 4x4x4 Letter Place Challenger - still have those? I see Penny Press and Dell merged - when'd that happen? LOL I've been away from my puzzles for too long!!

8/23/2009 10:46:16 PM

Frances
Frances
I've seen both Letter Place Challenger and its companion Number Place Challenger from time to time...recent issues of All-Time Favorite Variety Puzzles, Official Variety Puzzles, and Pencil Puzzles Vacation Special (now Solver's Choice Variety.) Check table of contents under Sudoku Challenger.

Home » Sudoku Scene » Dell's Letter Place/Number Place is Sudoku today