Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » Bingo Plays Did It Again

Logic Problem fans, discuss solutions and get solving help.
3/30/2010 1:12:41 AM

wa4lrm
wa4lrm
This has happened many times on Bingo Plays. The May 2010 of LLM&LP did it again on Bingo Plays. The Bingo Plays 2 on clue 12 "The numbers 10 and 34 are the only consecutive digit combinations (in either order) on the card." Since 34 and 43 are in same column, it can be either answer. This has happened many times before. When will they learn to say 34 or 43 in this order? This would make more sense than having two solutions.

3/30/2010 6:39:21 PM

dreamer
dreamer
I guess I must be interpreting this differently than you are, as I it doesn't come across as a problem to me. I read it as saying, "of all the consecutive digit combinations available, (and the definition of a number with consecutive digits means the digits can be in either order), only 10 and 34 are in the solution". The consectutive digit numbers possible are 10, 12, 21, 23, 32, 34, 43, 45, 54, 56, 65, 67. Therefore all other consecutive digit combinations that are not 10 or 34 can be eliminated.

I think when they are saying "in either order" they are referring to the definition of what a consecutive digit number is, not referring to the the two numbers, 10 and 34, that they provided.

4/1/2010 1:16:52 AM

jfire7887
jfire7887
I agree with dreamer, but I can see how it could be read the other way. Perhaps the following would be clearer:

"The only numbers on the card that contain consecutive digits are 10 and 34."

Obviously, when there is just one consecutive digit number, "numbers" becomes "number", "contain" becomes "contains", and "are" becomes "is".

12/4/2013 9:29:00 AM

thedi
thedi
I am new to the bingo play puzzle, they are beating me up. How do I get started?

1/12/2015 12:13:44 AM

isabasa
isabasa
how do i play bingo plays on line?

1/12/2015 6:52:10 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Sometimes the daily free puzzle is a Bingo Play puzzle. Sometimes they are in variety magazines. So for on-line, I guess you have to keep looking at the daily variety puzzles until a Bingo Play appears.

Since the website keeps daily puzzles around for 30 days, you can also look thru our ongoing post called "Free Puzzle of the Day," and look thru the last 30 days of posts on that topic, to see if we mentioned a Bingo Play on a certain day. Then you can go to the "free puzzles" section of the website (after logging in) and get the puzzle from whatever day it was.

--
Amy

1/12/2015 11:11:54 AM

admin
admin
Administrator
Amy Lowenstein wrote:
Sometimes the daily free puzzle is a Bingo Play puzzle. Sometimes they are in variety magazines. So for on-line, I guess you have to keep looking at the daily variety puzzles until a Bingo Play appears.

Since the website keeps daily puzzles around for 30 days, you can also look thru our ongoing post called "Free Puzzle of the Day," and look thru the last 30 days of posts on that topic, to see if we mentioned a Bingo Play on a certain day. Then you can go to the "free puzzles" section of the website (after logging in) and get the puzzle from whatever day it was.

As usual, Amy is right! You can usually find each type of puzzle twice per month.

Happy solving,
Admin

1/13/2015 12:01:18 PM

PuzzleFan
PuzzleFan
I have two put my two cents in here. You would think Bingo Plays would be easy. I have never ever got through one with the correct solution! I don't get it! I suppose once meet my nemesis puzzle!

1/14/2015 7:18:38 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
I sometimes start my crossoffs with the big numbers and go backwards to the small numbers. At every part of each clue, once I do a crossoff, I put a pencil checkmark on the appropriate part of the clue. Then if I get interrupted I'll know what I did or didn't deal with from the clue. Sometimes that helps.
edited by Amy-in-PA on 1/14/2015

--
Amy

Home » Math and Logic Problem Exchange » Bingo Plays Did It Again