Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » Syllacrostic

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say, share your solutions, and get help.
10/12/2010 12:53:42 PM

junki3fashion
junki3fashion
A AGE AL ATE BLE BOD DO FER FORE HER ING KA LE LUX MAR MIT NI O OUGH OUS PIL RI RIG THOR TIN TO U UN VI WOB

Assuage (4) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Fluted pasta (4) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Complete (2) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Secluded residence (3) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Type of swallow (2) _ _ _ _ _ _
Giraffe's short-necked kin (3) _ _ _ _ _
Steal (2) _ _ _ _ _ _
Walk unsteadily (2) _ _ _ _ _ _
Portent (3) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

10/12/2010 2:40:10 PM

Frances
Frances
Hi junki3fashion,

Thank you for posting your little syllacrostic puzzle. That was fun. I was able to get all the answers except "Giraffe's short-necked kin." I almost had him from the remaining 8 syllables---but then, no. Could you please private message me the answer to that one? Thanks!
Frances

8/29/2011 4:15:43 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
It's OKAPI. Giraffe's are my favorite animal. They are all over my house.

8/29/2011 5:25:39 PM

Frances
Frances
Hi creamchz3,
Well, I was thinking it was OKAPI, too. But there was no PI on the given syllable list. Assuming that was inadvertent, and we put it on the list, and found the 9 answers, 6 syllables would be left over. I made "luxurious" and "undo" from them. Maybe a couple of clues were inadvertently omitted also. Without any accompanying comments or follow-up, we'll never know. Could have been a school assignment. Frances.

8/30/2011 10:13:10 PM

idleman52
idleman52
Portent is FOREBODING, Steal is PILFER, Complete is THOROUGH, Walk unsteadily is WOBBLE, Fluted pasta is RIGATONI

9/2/2011 10:28:32 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I just realized something. Syllacrostics are supposed to have a saying reading down the first and last letters of the answers. What does this one say?

9/3/2011 11:56:31 AM

Frances
Frances
I also tried to make some sense of the first and last letters, even assuming blanks here & there. But, no, they don't spell out anything, which again, suggests this may have been only part of a syllacrostic. I think we were only given those clues to which junki3fashion didn't know the answers. Or an assignment from a teacher with a few clues from an existing puzzle and some extra syllables thrown in.

Home » Variety Central » Syllacrostic