Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Your Opinion » Creating and Submitting Puzzles

Give us your feedback about our new forum.
9/14/2011 3:42:24 PM

TamaraCooper
TamaraCooper
I am VERY VERY interested in creating and entering different sorts of word puzzles. I love the variety books and do my daily crosswords all the time. I was wondering what advice you could give me. Where do I send them? Should they be created using a computer? I used to make the puzzles for my school newspaper but I did that with graph paper and a pen. Also, can I submit any kind of puzzle? I love crosswords but my favorites are cryptograms, syllacrostics, and anagram magic squares.

Any advice please.

Tamara Cooper

9/16/2011 5:34:09 PM

Frances
Frances
Hi Tamara,
As a contributor to Penny Press I can tell you that constructing adds a fun dimension to puzzledom. Since I only deal directly with PP, I can only give you information on contacting them. But I'm sure they'll guide you regarding Dell if you ask.

You'll want to send for guidelines and puzzle specifications, mention if you have any specific puzzles you'd like to make, and ask any questions you may have about puzzle submissions by e-mailing the editors on this site (see Contact Us above) or writing:

Acquisitions Department
Penny Press, Inc.
6 Prowitt Street
Norwalk, CT 06855

Be sure to enclose a long, self-addressed stamped envelope if writing. Although some contributors do, I don't use a computer---just a manual typewriter and pen, and send by mail--- so I can't answer about that. Most questions you may have while making puzzles will be answered by the editors in the acquisition department. And if I can be of any additional help, feel free to holler my way. Good luck!

Frances.
edited by Frances on 9/16/2011
edited by Frances on 9/16/2011
<em>edited by Frances on 9/17/2011</em>

Home » Your Opinion » Creating and Submitting Puzzles