Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Your Opinion » Curious

Give us your feedback about our new forum.
10/4/2011 7:30:35 AM

JB15
JB15
I was just curious if the majority of puzzle solvers ( like myself ) are female. Are there more females vs. males that are so "geeked" on these books ? I never really cared about puzzle books all my life ( collected old time black and white famous films instead ) But now ~ I would much rather spend hours and whole weekends just working on these puzzle books as they are so much FUN ! smile Maybe it's just a female thing as men are watching football

10/4/2011 2:02:58 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
Hi JB15! Another female here who loves puzzles, especially logic puzzles. I find there's nothing more relaxing than settling down with a good puzzle!! smile

10/5/2011 7:27:02 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I've been doing these puzzles for 35 years, my Mom was and still is a big puzzler. In those 35 years I've met 12 women who do these puzzle books religiously like I do. 0 men. I'm not sure what that means, just thought I'd share. I'ts interesting.

10/6/2011 12:18:45 AM

euphemist
euphemist
fellow female puzzle lover here! i started out doing only crossword puzzles, then i was given a variety puzzle magazine and have been addicted to them ever since! and, i can personally say that my boyfriend has almost zero interest in these puzzles! though, he is quick to help me if i get stuck.. =)

10/6/2011 8:12:04 PM

I guess I'll be first... I'm a male and I've been doing puzzles since I was a kid, off and on. My grandparents had the books for 'distraction', and I remember doing puzzles at their place as a kid. Then, it was the local paper every day, doing what they offered. I currently have a retail job that involves plenty of free time, so I generally do mine at work now.

Howdy, ladies!
<em>edited by TheDarkHorseOne on 10/6/2011</em>

10/6/2011 8:17:03 PM

Oh, and variety and logic are my games. Too much fun... I can pretty much do them all, though, if I set my mind to them.

10/7/2011 7:03:46 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
The first TheDarkHorseOne? You may be the only. T-Hee!

11/10/2011 12:30:46 AM

Semipro
Semipro
JB15, you guessed right. A Penny Press editor told me that women outnumber men among the customers. I don't know by how much.

11/11/2011 4:22:32 AM

Noeckett
Noeckett
Well, DarkHorseOne, you and I may be the only male puzzle fanatics here! I've been solving since I was a wee lad and I just turned 31 last month, with no intentions of slowing down any time soon. The more I solve the more adept I get and the more I appreciate all types of puzzles. I'll take word, logic, or math, I love them all!

12/4/2011 6:58:28 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
My husband does crossword puzzles all the time, usually from newspapers, not subscribing to Penny or Dell. I have done logic puzzles, Crostics and
Codewords for about 10 years. I discovered the Codewords as part of a general puzzle magazine I bought in a drugstore one time. Then when I saw
one could buy lots of Codewords books, I was off and running. I don't think I've ever done a New York Times double-crostic, but my alumni magazine
used to have Crostics, and sometimes I would try to solve them. Then they stopped having that column. But I found Crostics from Penny and got those
magazines.

So, in our family, both of us like puzzles, just different types.

--
Amy

Home » Your Opinion » Curious