Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Variety Central » Selected Word Games Puzzles Variety Packs

See what other Variety puzzle fans have to say/share your solutions.
12/24/2011 1:24:54 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I've noticed these are not offered in your variety pack. I've sent a couple to me Mother and now she is hooked on them too. I'd like to purchase a bunch of them for her but they're not offered that way like some of the others. Any particular reason? I've purchased them one by one for myself but that's as they came out, I want a package of back issues for her. Thanks (any answer is better than none) CC

1/1/2012 3:00:12 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I see the editors have no answer for me or it's just the holidays but I'd really like to know why this is. I'am willing to spend money and thats what it's all about, right? CC (these are the selected penny books)

1/1/2012 1:53:15 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Good question, Cream Cheese. I've seen only "one type of puzzle only" magazines that you can buy in bulk, with past issues.
<em>edited by Amy-in-PA on 1/1/2012</em>

--
Amy

1/2/2012 4:18:02 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
You can get a value pack of all the Penny Sellect Puzzles except for Word Game Puzzles. Even "What's Left?" Ha-Ha! CC

1/5/2012 2:12:26 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Today I just got a new ad in the mail from Penny Press, and among other things, I see I can get a huge number of logic puzzles for $22.95 and shipping.
I don't think I ever got logic puzzles in bulk before, but I'm going to order that one today. I should then have lots of logic puzzles for a long time.

--
Amy

1/9/2012 10:48:39 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I doubt we will be getting any answers from the editors considering they haven't posted since 11/21/11. That is one long vacation! CC

1/9/2012 11:05:06 AM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
I guess you're right. Or, if it's too late to fix a goof, maybe they figure "why bother stating the obvious?" At least I think I've found only that one goof
in all the Codewords I've ever gotten. (I even wrote a separate post about it, in case the editors didn't notice it as part of a different post, but
apparently there's not going to be an answer from them on either post.)

Edit: Actually, between "Logic Editor" and "The Editors," one of them sent a response to something on 1/6/12, and one on 12/14/11. I don't remember
what they said, on which post, but there seem to be many different user names from the editors, and it's only the one at the top of the User List (by
number of posts) which last posted on 11/21/11. These other 2 editor-user-names posted more recently.
<em>edited by Amy-in-PA on 1/9/2012</em>

--
Amy

1/9/2012 3:07:05 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
You know, I have no idea what the problem is. But you would think for the ammount of money I spend on their puzzles that they could take the time to answer a question. If they don't have time maybe they should hire more people. There's a lot of out of work people out there, I'm sure they could fill the spot with someone who would love to answer our questions. And just try to get an answer from their customer service email, good luck! CC

1/9/2012 3:22:48 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Luckily, I have never had to deal with Penny Press's Customer Service. There have been very few problems that I've had with them (especially if I don't
pay for expedited delivery and am not in much of a hurry about when my magazines come). I've gotten used to some of the strange spellings and
definitions in Crostics, strange conglomerations of "words" in Codewords (but to add to my "useless Trivia" knowledge, I've started compiling a list on
Microsoft Excel of "words from Codewords," words I hadn't heard of before, that I then looked up in the dictionary and/or on line, to remind myself what
they mean), and if I can't follow the "leaps of logic" in the back of the magazine on 4-star and 5-star puzzles I just chalk it up to experience, take their
word for it on part of what they got, and go on from there.

I do feel good, though, about re-working an old puzzle last month so I could satisfy a user named Michael about how the Logic editors got a certain
conclusion, and how I came to that conclusion and other conclusions on the way to it. The puzzle (Kit-Cat Hotel) was familiar, and I think I hadn't
understood when I first did it 3 years ago, how the editors got to a certain conclusion but I just took their word for it. This time, since I had to make
things logical for a fellow user, I did a better job understanding it myself.

So I have a feeling some of the "leaps of logic" in the back of the magazine, could be arrived at legitimately, except they don't always guide one from
Step 1 to Step 2. (If they did, the solutions would take up 3 times the room they already take up.) I wish sometimes they could put some paragraph
breaks into the solutions, instead of running a big "blob" that takes up a lot of space without "relief" for the eyes. But that would also make the
solutions take up 2-4 times as much space as they already take up, so I guess the editors do what they have to do.

--
Amy

1/9/2012 3:34:24 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
You'll find out that when the editors do answer a question they sometimes will tell you to go to customer service depending on what the question is. That my dear is where I run into problems. Send an email, ask any question and see how long or even IF they get back to you. CC

1/9/2012 4:02:17 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Luckily, I haven't had to do this yet. There was a short question I sent thru the forum, directly to the administrator, when I couldn't figure out how to use
certain functions on the forum, and in only a day or two, the administrator wrote back with hints about how to do what I was trying to do (one about
editing a post, and one about starting a new post). Once I saw that the function I wanted was in tiny type, way up at the top right or down at the
bottom right, I've been "good to go" ever since.

Maybe the forum administrator doesn't get a lot of questions, and maybe Customer Service does -- who knows?

--
Amy

1/9/2012 5:48:20 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Here's a question. I just got a value coupon in the mail. It reads, Special Puzzle Collections 8-Pack. 64-page books of the same puzzle type. That's where my Word Games Puzzles are. I have every book they have put out, ever! There are 55 puzzles (or pages) in each one. Where did the extra puzzles come from and how come I didn't get them in the first place when I ordered them? Now here's where they would tell me to contact customer service. CC

1/9/2012 7:17:11 PM

Frances
Frances
The extra pages are the title page, answer pages, and any ads.
P.S. Amy: that response on January 6 was from me, not an editor.
<em>edited by Frances on 1/10/2012</em>

1/9/2012 10:44:22 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
Frances, on 12/22 I had written a private note to the administrator, and they wrote back to me as Administrator. Perhaps you are the administrator, but
anyway, this is what I was referring to.

--
Amy

1/9/2012 11:41:11 PM

Frances
Frances
No, I'm not the Administrator. I was thinking of responses on the forum, and the only one on January 6 was from me. Thanks for clearing that up.

1/10/2012 2:32:21 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
Includes the title page and advertising? That seems a little deceiving to me. In fact it definitely is deceiving. I would think, like I'm sure everyone does, that that's how many puzzles I was getting. Unbelieveable. CC

1/10/2012 3:07:29 PM

admin
admin
Administrator
creamchz3@aol.com wrote:
I've noticed these are not offered in your variety pack. I've sent a couple to me Mother and now she is hooked on them too. I'd like to purchase a bunch of them for her but they're not offered that way like some of the others. Any particular reason? I've purchased them one by one for myself but that's as they came out, I want a package of back issues for her. Thanks (any answer is better than none) CC

We appreciate your interest in our Word Game puzzles. Our value packs are offered for sale based on the inventory that we have available, which is why we do not offer all of our selected puzzles in all of the different size packs. We have reviewed our inventory on this title and the Word Game packs of 4 and 8 volumes will be made available for sale on the site shortly. For specific questions, please email us at customer service (customerservice@pennypublications.com). We strive to response to email inquiries within one business day.

Best,
Admin

Home » Variety Central » Selected Word Games Puzzles Variety Packs