Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Crossword Talk » Value Series Subscriptions?

Discuss your favorite Crosswords. If you need solving help, ask here!
2/7/2012 6:09:12 PM

Daniel S. Taber, AKA dst
Daniel S. Taber, AKA dst
OK, so I was wondering about those 97-cent magazines if a subscription is possible. I just got the March 2012 edition of "Lots of Fun Easy Crosswords". I really loved those 99-cent magazines back in the day (which for me was only back in 2004 [I am 26 after all], and have not seen since). I noticed that this publication is published seventeen times a year, and a one-year subscription is $16.49 (or $0.97 x 17) per year, according to the fine print at the bottom. Is there any way you could offer the Value Series as a subscription on your Website? Also, there is no Dell Puzzler's Crossword Puzzles (the one that replaced that 60-year-old crossword magazine) subscription offer available. Thank you. -DST

2/8/2012 4:20:12 PM

Frances
Frances
I have not heard of "Lots of Fun Easy Crosswords" from Dell. The 17 issues per year suggests it might even be from Kappa, or some other publisher perhaps. Nevertheless, if the subscription price is given in fine print at the bottom of the title page, just use the address there, send in your payment, name & address, and what magazine you want. That should work.

2/8/2012 8:57:05 PM

Daniel S. Taber, AKA dst
Daniel S. Taber, AKA dst
It says Dell on it just above the bar code (which is 0 74820 08041 2 with 09> in the top right corner of the bar code box) in the lower left corner. I just looked at it. Sorry about leaving the Dell part of the magazine out. As further proof, the fine print starts by saying "DELL LOTS OF FUN EASY CROSSWORDS, Issue 6, March 2012. Published 17 times a year by Dell Magazines, a division of Penny Publications, LLC, 6 Prowett Street, Norwalk, CT 06855-1220.". I bought this specific magazine at Wal-Mart. I really don't believe this magazine is from Kappa or anyone else.

2/8/2012 10:12:24 PM

Frances
Frances
This is a new title from Dell, then---apparently on the market only a few months. And at 97 cents an issue, a nice bargain. I wish a digest-sized variety magazine was published by Penny or Dell at a similar price.

2/9/2012 12:48:24 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I'am in total agreement Frances. And what is with all the little Word Search mags, there's a million of them. Can't they think of another puzzle to offer? I will never understand it. I guess if you like Search Words you have a S. L. of choices, the rest of us will just have to do without. Sound like a business error to anyone else? CC

2/9/2012 11:42:54 AM

Dell Editorial Staff
Dell Editorial Staff
dst wrote:
OK, so I was wondering about those 97-cent magazines if a subscription is possible. I just got the March 2012 edition of "Lots of Fun Easy Crosswords". I really loved those 99-cent magazines back in the day (which for me was only back in 2004 [I am 26 after all], and have not seen since). I noticed that this publication is published seventeen times a year, and a one-year subscription is $16.49 (or $0.97 x 17) per year, according to the fine print at the bottom. Is there any way you could offer the Value Series as a subscription on your Website? Also, there is no Dell Puzzler's Crossword Puzzles (the one that replaced that 60-year-old crossword magazine) subscription offer available. Thank you. -DST

Hi DST,

Thank you for your interest in Lots of Fun Easy Crosswords. We recommend that you contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-220-7443, and they will help you set up a subscription. Happy puzzling!

The Editors

2/9/2012 4:13:00 PM

Daniel S. Taber, AKA dst
Daniel S. Taber, AKA dst
What would the price of a one-year subscription be for Dell Lots of Fun Easy Crosswords? I am actually a subscriber to Penny Press's Good Time Crosswords, and I found them too tough. How would I transfer my subscription to this specific magazine? Thanks a bunch! -DST

Home » Crossword Talk » Value Series Subscriptions?