Solver's Forum
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Your Opinion » Penny Press Selected Puzzles

Give us your feedback about our new forum.
2/11/2012 4:22:29 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
I've noticed that on the main page of the Forums under Dell Publications there's a section dedicated to Dell's Collector Series puzzle books, but when looking under Penny Press' section there isn't a category for Penny Selected Puzzle Books. Just something I noticed and was curious about. Nothing against Dell, I've just always seemed to gravitate more towards Penny Press for some reason.

2/11/2012 8:08:33 PM

Frances
Frances
Hey, you're right. Both Dell and Penny Press have 7 sections, but Dell put Word Search & Fill-Ins together while PP has them separated into Fill-In Area and Word Seek Corner. I can't think of a reason why they couldn't be combined as in the Dell area, then a Selected Puzzles section added.

2/12/2012 10:48:42 AM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I only do Penny's myself but if you ask me there are too many sections to the forum already. As far as regular forum users I can count them with my fingers. I would prefer they got rid of all but one for Dell and one for Penny. It's not like the regulars don't read all of the posts anyway no matter what theyr'e about. Why can't people just keep things simple anymore? CC

2/12/2012 12:01:36 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
What's the difference, CC? If you want to see your "unread topics" or "recent topics" you'll see what's new, no matter where it's located. If a new
person wants to put in a question or comment about something, they'll put it wherever they happen to put it, and it probably won't matter. I get
some of my puzzles from Dell, some from Penny, and it's all blurred in my mind, anyway.

--
Amy

2/12/2012 1:19:09 PM

Purple Pisces
Purple Pisces
When reading an "unread topic" I am oblivious as to what thread it was posted in. I really like the "unread topic" feature of the forum because it makes it some much easier to find new posts, instead of scrolling down the page and looking for them.

I do like the organization of the main threads, because someone who may like just Sudoku for example can browse through those posts and read about what interests them. As for myself for example I look through the Logic threads, but typically don't read the Crossword ones (I've never been any good at those).

It was just something I was wondering out loud figuring it would keep the forum active. :-)

2/12/2012 1:27:31 PM

Amy Lowenstein
Amy Lowenstein
I'm the same way, Pisces -- love logic puzzles, not very good at crosswords. (My husband does NY Times crosswords quite a lot, though.)

I guess in a way, Codewords are a type of crossword -- sort-of a combination of logic, crypto, and crossword. But crosswords where there are
clues? Forget it! I can't do them.

--
Amy

2/12/2012 3:22:50 PM

Frances
Frances
While variety puzzles were my first love, unlike Amy and Purple Pisces, I really enjoy crosswords. That's providing they're not too easy (a handwriting exercise) or too hard (how am I going to know "elbow" in Swahili?)

Amy's remark about "wherever" someone happens to put their post is right. I've seen a few that were really in the wrong place, but it's true it may not matter that much. A thread's subject on this forum can often wander all over the place after the original post anyway. Like this one. But I don't mind this, as it can get interesting.
<em>edited by Frances on 2/12/2012</em>

2/12/2012 4:41:14 PM

creamchz3@aol.com
creamchz3@aol.com
I always go to the unread topics. But I've also tried to search for a certain post and it was impossible to find it. I guess I'll just have to remember what column, under what magazine on what date it was posted on. No biggy. CC

Home » Your Opinion » Penny Press Selected Puzzles